W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have experience with Meisterschaft exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL55
Does anyone have experience with Meisterschaft exhaust?

I'm looking at this for my 2004 E55 and I was curious if anyone on the board had it.

http://www.nyxracing.com/meisterscha...9-p-74471.html
  1. How does it sound?
  2. Any power gains?
  3. Would I be better off going with another system?
Old 05-19-2010, 02:43 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
I'm looking at this for my 2004 E55 and I was curious if anyone on the board had it.

- It sounds incredible. It is by far my favorite mod. It really makes the car come alive and it now sounds like it should. You can hear it from inside the cabin but I don't mind and I'm used to it. Sound is very throaty and has a mean roar through the gears.

- Any power gains?:

Can't say that I have tested or know of any tests being done. I would say this don't expect anything. Buy the exhaust because you want a throatier sound for a beast of a car. Also the tips and overall construction looks awesome. Very well made.

- Would I be better off going with another system?:

IMHO the only other option Is Eiesenmann but their exhaust is more expensive. Also I really like the look of the CL type tips on the Meisterchaft. I have owned both and if I had to do it again I would stick with the Meisterchaft. Cost, Appearance, and sound being the deciding factors. It comes down to how much you want to spend and which tips you prefer. Both sound incredible on the E55 you can't go wrong!

Last edited by SANDOVAL; 05-19-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:46 PM

2004 SL55
Originally Posted by SANDOVAL

- It sounds incredible. It is by far my favorite mod. It really make the car sound like it should. You can hear it from inside the cabin but I don't mind and I'm used to it. Sound is very throaty and has a mean roar through the gears.

- Any power gains?:

Can't say that I have tested or know of any tests being done. I would say this don't expect anything. Buy the exhaust because you want a throatier sound for a beast of a car. Also the tips and overall construction looks awesome. Very well made.

- Would I be better off going with another system?:

IMHO the only other option Is Eiesenmann but their exhaust is more expensive. Also I really like the look of the CL type tips on the Meisterchaft. I have owned both and if I had to do it again I would stick with the Meisterchaft. Cost, Appearance, and sound being the deciding factors. It comes down to how much you want to spend and which tips you prefer. Both sound incredible on the E55 you can't go wrong!
Thanks for that quick reply. I'm having a tough time deciding b/t a Stage 1 kit, headers, or an exhaust system.

Does installation require welding, or is this a bolt-on?
Old 05-19-2010, 02:50 PM

Takes the bus.
I heard a meisterschaft plus high flow headers the other day on a C63. SO RAUNCHY and had a asphalt shaking low frequency drone at the same time. It's pure om nom noms.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:55 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
Your old exhaust will need to be cut right behind the diff. When you have the exhaust in your hands your exhaust shop will know what to do. So Yes it must be welded and have a pro do it. I paid $90 for the exhaust to be installed.

Also, if you're thinking of getting a CF rear diffuser from Gary@Suvneer or any other vendor that sells that design. You probably want to get the diffuser first, install and then get the exhaust installed. The tips look so much better when they're aligned and pulled back fitting perfectly in the diffuser openings.

If it were me I would go Exhaust, K1, Headers....

Also you can sell your stock AMG exhaust for about $500-$750 to help offset some of the cost. Unless you think you would be going back, then hang on to it.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:01 PM

2004 SL55
Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
Your old exhaust will need to be cut right behind the diff. When you have the exhaust in your hands your exhaust shop will know what to do. So Yes it must be welded and have a pro do it. I paid $90 for the exhaust to be installed.

Also, if you're thinking of getting a CF rear diffuser from Gary@Suvneer or any other vendor that sells that design. You probably want to get the diffuser first, install and then get the exhaust installed. The tips look so much better when they're aligned and pulled back fitting perfectly in the diffuser openings.

If it were me I would go Exhaust, K1, Headers....

Also you can sell your stock AMG exhaust for about $500-$750 to help offset some of the cost. Unless you think you would be going back, then hang on to it.
No difuser for me. I like the stock look so I can retain my "sleeper" status

I'd definitely be selling the stock exhaust. If I can get a deal on the Meisterschaft then I might go ahead and pull the plug.