W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ugh! Got some scratches and a small dent..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 06:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
Ugh! Got some scratches and a small dent..

So I was backing out of a really tight driveway on a hill, and as I was trying to fix the car to go out, it slid back and brushed up against part of the wall that sticks out.

It dented the rear drivers door a bit, it's about a 2 inch diameter...and it scratches that side as well, maybe about 1 foot and 5-6 scratches. Some were not that deep, and maybe one was.

Anything I can do myself to clear up the scratches a bit? It's a black car. Can I use some acetone, and perhaps some polish or wax to smooth them out and reduce their visual appearance?

Also..I know they offer paintless dent removal, anywhere in particular around NY that anyone knows? Is this expensive?

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2010, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
Acetone is a solvent...applying it will start to eat your clear and paint and worsen your situation. The ONLY solution is a proper respray..if the dent is severe no amount of paintless dent removal will work and if you can feel the scratches with your finger nails no amount of polishing will help either. Sorry to hear about the situation.