Sponsored by:

SPOTTED!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lincoln & SRT
SPOTTED!

Spotted an E55 AMG today in Manhattan Beach, Ca. Thank you to those that reminded me how much I love these cars!

So as a newb I have questions;

Color options, anything other than black interior. I would love to find a white on tan, silver on tan, etc.. The Lincoln is black on black, and I don't prefer it.

As I continue on my shopping process, is there anything I should know? ie: year changes that resulted in more power, options, etc.

What options can I live with or without?

Thanks for the help peeps, I appreciate it and I am excited for my future vehicle hunt!
Old 06-21-2010, 05:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
I have never seen tan on either a silver or white w211 amg. If so it must be rare. That being said, it is very easy to blemish and get stains and that is probably why. Good luck in your search.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BTW, there are many threads regarding the differences between the years, primarily from 2003 to 2004 and 2004 to 2006.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:28 AM

Lincoln & SRT
Vbulletin search function, no the greatest. Wikipedia and other sources doesn't help. Thought I would ask the source.

I will dig deeper, thanks for the assistance. I was more curious of interior color options besides "charcoal" regardless of exterior colors.

I also made a mistake on my last car purchase by not researching, had I searched, for a year newer I would have received A/C seats, and a 30hp bump.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 138 Likes on 51 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Go out and drive an E55 and E63 so that you can see which you like the most. The E55 is the supercharged version, and the E63 is all naturally aspirated with a larger motor. Also, the E63 has some cosmetic updates to the front and the wheels that are immediately noticable, as well as some interior touches. I say to drive both because they are both W211 cars with their own personalities, but look almost 90% the same as each other. I chose the E63 because I did not want to have to contend with supercharger issues, and wanted one new enough to have factory warranty. Best of luck. You will probably love either one. They are wonderful cars.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz E220D/GONE!JUNK!Current GLC Coupe 350d 4 Matic

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
Go out and drive an E55 and E63 so that you can see which you like the most. The E55 is the supercharged version, and the E63 is all naturally aspirated with a larger motor. Also, the E63 has some cosmetic updates to the front and the wheels that are immediately noticable, as well as some interior touches. I say to drive both because they are both W211 cars with their own personalities, but look almost 90% the same as each other. I chose the E63 because I did not want to have to contend with supercharger issues, and wanted one new enough to have factory warranty. Best of luck. You will probably love either one. They are wonderful cars.
What Supercharger issues?
Also,you can get an E55 with warranty.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
As far as power goes, all 2003-2006 E55's make right at 500 HP, regardless of year or advertised power. Due to the crummy intercooler setup you will see a pretty substantial difference in performance depending on ambient temperature.

Options, options, options.... I have the ventilated seats, which some people like, and some people like me think they are worthless. I also have the dynamic seats, which I have used only a couple of times, though my dad really likes them for some reason(the novelty hasn't worn off). The navigation system is pretty hard to enter destinations into, but if the Nav disc actually has the address(or roads) on it, it works ok. People seem to like Keyless Go(start button on the shifter), and I probably would too if I had it. There's also Parktronic(Parking aid) and Distronic(Adaptive Cruise Control), which I don't have, so therefore I can't comment on them. Remote trunk closer is another one I don't have.

I know there were other color options, but I'm partial to my blue-accented interior. The "wood" is a greenish color, which looks a million times better than the regular "wood" trim IMO.

Last edited by izzyz28; 06-21-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by izzyz28
As far as power goes, all 2003-2006 E55's make right at 500 HP, regardless of year or advertised power. Due to the crummy intercooler setup you will see a pretty substantial difference in performance depending on ambient temperature.

Options, options, options.... I have the ventilated seats, which some people like, and some people like me think they are worthless. I also have the dynamic seats, which I have used only a couple of times, though my dad really likes them for some reason(the novelty hasn't worn off). The navigation system is pretty hard to enter destinations into, but if the Nav disc actually has the address(or roads) on it, it works ok. People seem to like Keyless Go(start button on the shifter), and I probably would too if I had it. There's also Parktronic(Parking aid) and Distronic(Adaptive Cruise Control), which I don't have, so therefore I can't comment on them. Remote trunk closer is another one I don't have.

I know there were other color options, but I'm partial to my blue-accented interior. The "wood" is a greenish color, which looks a million times better than the regular "wood" trim IMO.

we have the same interior
Old 06-21-2010, 05:47 PM

Lincoln & SRT
Nice! Well thank you, I guess the best thing to do is to get out and see as many as possible to gain more ground on my understanding of my likings.

Used vehicles are such a slippery slope, for a few more $$, you get to keep going up and up in quality, miles, options.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by mikey33
we have the same interior
I honestly have no idea how many E55's came with the two-tone blue interior. When I bought it I didn't even know what the color options were or if the colored inserts are in any way somewhat rare. However, blue is my favorite color, so I'm pretty happy.