CLK Bluetooth Puck?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E55 Techtite Grey
CLK Bluetooth Puck?!?

Hey guys and gals (Lady AMG

I already posted this in the CLK thread but thought I might post it here in our home thread to see if anyone has any info also.

I am posting this to help out a friend of mine. She was wanting to get bluetooth in her car like my E55 has. She has a 08 CLK 350. I'm not sure what parts she would need to buy. Is there just a puck she can get or does she have to purchase the whole phone cradle/system? Any info would help out greatly.

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63, 2010 SRX Turbo, 2010 Escalade EXT
Does the CLK have a UHI phone connector on the inside rear of the center console? If so, you are "phone ready" (that term may be in the vehicle documentation) and you just need the Bluetooth puck. If you don't have the connector and want the Mercedes phone system, be prepared to spend a bunch of $$$$.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E55 Techtite Grey
We just looked and there wasn't a visible plug. There was the "i" button and the picture of a wrench button. Are those indicators that she has it? Where would the plug be at in the console?
Old 06-29-2010, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E63, 2010 SRX Turbo, 2010 Escalade EXT
Originally Posted by NSX2NV
We just looked and there wasn't a visible plug. There was the "i" button and the picture of a wrench button. Are those indicators that she has it? Where would the plug be at in the console?
No, those buttons are for TeleAid information (the i) and Mercedes dealer support for roadside mechanical problems (the wrench). They are not related to Bluetooth.
If you want everything to be "pristine" MB, then go to your dealer and have them quote you for doing the necessary install to have on board Bluetooth. My guess is you're looking at close to $1000 +/-.
There are a lot of aftermarket Bluetooth's that have little speakers and are easy to install and clip on the visor that will get the job done for $50 or so. I just bought one to use in rental cars
Old 06-30-2010, 12:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
05 e55
The dealer option is expensive, but I truly believe it is worth it... The audio quality through the stereo is stellar, and my callers always hear me without any trouble. I had a bluetooth puck in my previous vehicle as well, a bmw e66; it wasn't nearly as nice compared to the system in the w211...

Luckily, my vehicle had it installed from the factory... In my center console, I already had an adapter that would accept a Motorola v90 shaped phone... I simply bought the replacement adapter (looks like a slr nose) and plugged it in... Vehicle noticed it right away and paired without trouble. With so many states adapting a cell phone while driving law, it's a nice feature to invest into.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'12 E63, E55(sold), C32 (sold), '65 Skylark GS 445 convertible, '12 ML350
I'm in the same boat as your friend - and interested to find out what you guys do. Just yesterday I was researching this and so far, parts/kits look to be around $800...and the install, while do-able...doesn't look fun.