Sponsored by:

guys running water/meth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
water/meth spray is trigger via a boost preset limit that you set. say for example 6psi, so if you are at 6psi or higher the spray will be on reducing IATs regardless of what type of racing you are doing.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
IMHO injecting before the SC is best. The reason is when the fluid is injected there the SC heats the air up less than with out. Google water injection forums there is a ton of info out there. I like the aquamist forum. Lots of great info.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:41 PM

Lightbulb METH

What about leaving ur tune alone and using the meth just as a cooler should be a great way keep car running consistenly i think anyway !
Old 07-03-2010, 02:56 PM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by Mrbig
What about leaving ur tune alone and using the meth just as a cooler should be a great way keep car running consistently i think anyway !
I agree with that approach on a daily driver. By injecting before the SC the heat gain of the IC will be greatly reduced. This will give more consistent power all the time.

I also think injecting at 3psi is to low of a pressure. It should come on much later thus extending the time between refills. At 3psi the SC is not generating much heat so the benefits are minimal.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,065 Likes on 854 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
This is great information on the subject:

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...icle_info.html
Old 07-04-2010, 03:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63 / 996tt
hhhmm a meth thread!

I'm certainly contemplating a methanol setup as I'm having some cooling issues with my 180mm heat monster.

Aren't there some downsides to meth, i.e. adverse effects on engine over time.
I'm also going to be removing my supercharger in order to remove my heat spacers under the blower. I'd like to bang this mod out while my blower is off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there aren't too many mbworld guys running meth...what gives?
Old 07-04-2010, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
I might run water/alc instead of meth,just throwing that out there guys
Old 07-04-2010, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
ordered a snow performance stage 2 for 349 shipped
Old 07-05-2010, 03:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63 / 996tt
Originally Posted by skratch77
ordered a snow performance stage 2 for 349 shipped
can you please post a link? I'm seeing higher prices for the stage 2 kit.

thanks
Old 07-05-2010, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Meth is corrosive so it can mess up the coatings on the S/C rotors... so would not inject that far up the chain.

Ideal injection point is where the heat is highest and you can get the quickest transformation from vapour to gas... and make the most of the heat absored by ths process, so to me bewteen the S/C outlet and ahead of the intercooler core seems best. Injecting into the S/C runs the risk of pooling and you dont want to be squishing any fluids between the two rotors...

I dont see the need of any meth - you can pump in plain distilled water and keep potential corrosion down to a minimum... I think the main intention of this process is to get the IAT down not necesarily get the Octane up......

Look at Aquamist HFS6 with 3D mapping. Might be a PITA to setup but its been done before.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Roseylv
can you please post a link? I'm seeing higher prices for the stage 2 kit.

thanks
Im on my cell now but I got it off eBay.should be real easy to find if you search it.

I did a lot of reading on Meth and the corrosive properties are very minimal and that's when running full Meth no water.

You want to run it threw the blower,that is where the heat is coming from.you can also run alcohol instead if methanol if your afraid of corrosion
Old 07-05-2010, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
I'm running the Snow Perforance Stage 2 kit!

Been using it for the past 4-5months and it runs great!

I just love the controller that comes with the Meth Kit, very versatile.

I currently set the meth to come on at 7psi. The good thing about the snow Performance is that the initial spray (@ 7psi) only sprays about 30% and you can set a peak number where it sprays at 100% which I have it set at 13psi.

Really great kit!
Old 07-05-2010, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by ShangoAshe
I'm running the Snow Perforance Stage 2 kit!

Been using it for the past 4-5months and it runs great!

I just love the controller that comes with the Meth Kit, very versatile.

I currently set the meth to come on at 7psi. The good thing about the snow Performance is that the initial spray (@ 7psi) only sprays about 30% and you can set a peak number where it sprays at 100% which I have it set at 13psi.

Really great kit!
Good to read this post,Im excited to get mine installed now!!!

Where are you spraying it and what temps are you seeing when its spraying?
Old 07-05-2010, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 black opal
Im on my cell now but I got it off eBay.should be real easy to find if you search it.

I did a lot of reading on Meth and the corrosive properties are very minimal and that's when running full Meth no water.

You want to run it threw the blower,that is where the heat is coming from.you can also run alcohol instead if methanol if your afraid of corrosion
meth is methanol (alcohol) right? what's the other kind of alcohol you're talking about?
Old 07-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by stevebez
I dont see the need of any meth - you can pump in plain distilled water and keep potential corrosion down to a minimum... I think the main intention of this process is to get the IAT down not necesarily get the Octane up......
That's what I was thinking about doing. Water injection through the blower. I was told that the bearings on my sc are "exposed" and spraying anything through the blower would wash the grease out and cause them to possibly hydrolock My intercooler also sits on top of the blower and was warned about the pooling possibility too. So for now I'm not touching it lol. I could do direct port but that would invlve drilling the sc and I dont ant to do that. Lets see what ice does at the track first
Old 07-05-2010, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by azncarjunkie
meth is methanol (alcohol) right? what's the other kind of alcohol you're talking about?
ethyl I think its the stuff in the nail polish remover,not sure if its safe but I know someone using it and dont know if its okay.

guys there is also a huge increase of power using meth,I have seen 40whp on my friends 335 and all he did was spary 100% meth.its also an oct booster.

there are lots of people running meth on here with there e55s,they just dont post about it.

edit,I really dont think anything is exposed,they would dry up and no way would they leave them open for dust to get in there.

Last edited by skratch77; 07-05-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Good to read this post,Im excited to get mine installed now!!!

Where are you spraying it and what temps are you seeing when its spraying?
One more thing, the kit also comes with a low level warning so when your (tank) is low on methanol there is a low level indicator. Another thing it comes with is a engaging light, when the meth is actually running a light comes on as well so you know it's working.

I'm using Methyl Hydrate mixed with water right now. I did data logg but I really don't remember what it was under WOT but I will be data logging soon so I'll keep you posted.

I believe my technician had the nozzel installed in the middle of the (y-pipe) right by the intercoolers. Not sure if that helped; but if you'd like I can always call and ask!

I just do the driving haha
Old 07-05-2010, 09:31 PM

Bicycle
I’ve posted my results a few times and think I have pics of my set up.
My set up is
195mm pulley
85mm tb
Shorty headers
Spacers
a bunch of other stuff
#12 nozzle post IC but before the IAT sensor, 200psi pump(devils own) I use a simple boost switch set at 8 psi. I tapped the stock washer tank and use 50/50 mix (safe to use as washer fluid as well) the stock tank is 7L or 2 gallons if you have headlight washer if not your tank is 3.5 or 1 gal. I like this because there is a built in low level sensor that displays on the dash. My set up if very very basic. My IAT temps NEVER go over 80 degrees at WOT
Ok so now that’s all fine and dandy but keep in mind if you screw up the install or do something silly this mod will KILL YOUR ENGINE, water will not compress.
Also make sure and do your own research before jumping on board with this, IMO there is some misleading or incorrect information in this thread alone, if I was considering doing this mod I might want to take advice from someone that installed and is using it. Look at other SC cars that have good success such as the 03-04 cobra and lighting.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:33 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by ShangoAshe
I just do the driving haha

(sorry inside joke)
Old 07-05-2010, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Originally Posted by sneakyneon

(sorry inside joke)
LOL
god damn... i'm never gona get the end of this...

gotta head down to the track with you again! haha
Old 07-20-2010, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
My set up is
195mm pulley
85mm tb
Shorty headers
Spacers
a bunch of other stuff
#12 nozzle post IC but before the IAT sensor, 200psi pump(devils own) I use a simple boost switch set at 8 psi. I tapped the stock washer tank and use 50/50 mix (safe to use as washer fluid as well) the stock tank is 7L or 2 gallons if you have headlight washer if not your tank is 3.5 or 1 gal. I like this because there is a built in low level sensor that displays on the dash. My set up if very very basic. My IAT temps NEVER go over 80 degrees at WOT
Ok so now that’s all fine and dandy but keep in mind if you screw up the install or do something silly this mod will KILL YOUR ENGINE, water will not compress.
Also make sure and do your own research before jumping on board with this, IMO there is some misleading or incorrect information in this thread alone, if I was considering doing this mod I might want to take advice from someone that installed and is using it. Look at other SC cars that have good success such as the 03-04 cobra and lighting.

can u help with your setup

i really want to install one like yours, very basic.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
My set up is
195mm pulley
85mm tb
Shorty headers
Spacers
a bunch of other stuff

Great post!
IMO this is the best advice given for running meth on our cars.
First and foremost it is used to cool Iat's so your placement is perfect for that. Additionally many people have had great success using the existing wiper fluid tank and just wiper fluid (which already has some meth in it...I even came across a chart once online that listed the meth level in various wiper fluids...lol).
While there is some HP gains to be had (Meth raises octane level so you can advance timing more) I have always believed it is foolish to tune for it outside of limited use on the track. I think the gains in HP are not worth taking the risk of the system failing and grenading your engine.

Thanks Sneaky for sharing your experience!

BTW how often do you have to refill your tank? I know it is very dependent on how often you are in boost, but curious none the less.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:44 PM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by Ali_E55
can u help with your setup

i really want to install one like yours, very basic.
Sure!
universal Devils own kit http://www.alcohol-injection.com/wat.../universal-19/
Tapped the washer tank with the included fitting and used epoxy for a proper seal. line is ran from the the tank to the pump which is mounted behind the fenders skirt at the bottom were the the skirt mates to the the plastic bottom sheild(not in the engine bay!) from the pump the line runs up past the cabin filter into the engine bay down along side the driverside into the nozzel, the nozzel placement is directly accross from the map sensor. The wiring is per there instruction with the included boost switch and relay. I use a #12 nozzel with 195mm pulley and see 17 psi of boost. I trigger the pump at 8 psi. There are some things I'd like to try diffrent but have no idea if they would be better till I get the chance to do it.
As far as fluid I use -20 below meth based washer fluid I pour half into another gallon jug( easy to match up) and fill the remaining halfs with the yellow bottle of HEET(99.9 meth) this is more than 50% mix but I'm ok with this, however this concentration is FLAMABLE. So far the hiccups have been a clogged check valve x2 and one dead map sensor. All in all i'm very happy with the results.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
one dead map sensor
Seems the MAP sensor either does not appreciate the meth concentration or the water or the injector proximity.... Any clues why the sensor failed?

Seems the injector mounted opposite the sensor blowing directly over it might be the issue?

I tell you the jet location of W/I is driving me to drink.

Last edited by stevebez; 07-22-2010 at 03:27 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:54 AM

Bicycle
Originally Posted by stevebez
Seems the MAP sensor either does not appreciate the meth concentration or the water or the injector proximity.... Any clues why the sensor failed?

Seems the injector mounted opposite the sensor blowing directly over it might be the issue?

I tell you the jet location of W/I is driving me to drink.
I think its related to the clogged check valve and all the water that was puddled in the IC. Just guessing though, it could always we the fact my car has 100k on it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: guys running water/meth