E55 MBH Users, Please Check In

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55
E55 MBH Users, Please Check In

I have run a few searches and could not find any threads by a W211/E55 owner who currently have MBH headers installed.
If you do, could you please respond.

Respectfully,
-lowpro
Old 07-07-2010, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Evening bump. 206 hits and so far nobody is running these?

OK, even if you know of someone running these could you please respond or PM me. Thank You.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
there are several threads on people running these if you search for long tube headers or mbh headers.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Thanks for the bump. Can you post a link to any thread created by a W211/E55 member with MBH headers? I've seen plenty of promotions and a couple of CLS owners, but not one E55 member posting about his/her new MBH headers.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cornfed gtr and m3
I am curious to this as well. It would be nice to hear a review regarding these headers from an e55 owner with them installed.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:19 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Some before and after dyno numbers would be nice too.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Is it a fittment issue ?
The E and cls are not a 100% when it comes to LTs

Trending Topics

Old 07-10-2010, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Thanks for your interest gentlemen. With this being one of the most active forums for Mercedes, I was shocked when I could not find a single post from an E55 owner who is running MBH headers.
Yes, there was a fitment issue on the driver's side header, in that, it was hitting the frame(fact), as well, it hung very low and would clearly hit every speed bump(speculative, but I will post some pics and let you draw your own conclusion). MBH is fabricating me a new header, which is great and I greatly appreciate their effort to correct the problem. However, there is no definitive answer as to why the original did not fit. It has been suggested by Richard (Dyno-Comp) that the jig was possibly damaged or something moved when it was welded. I am hoping for the latter, otherwise I will have two headers which don't fit.
I also would like to point out that the communication between myself and both Richard & Ron (Dyno-Comp) has been pretty good at this point. The last time I spoke with Richard was on Thursday as they were hoping to have the header completed and shipped on that day. I'm guessing that did not happen as they have not contacted me since. Monday, I will call again.
I will make a post once the headers are installed to share my experience with the forum. Right now I have my fingers crossed for a happy ending.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by Zod
Is it a fittment issue ?
The E and CLS are not a 100% when it comes to LTs
I think this man deserves a beer!

The jig could have been damaged but the LT's were resting on the frame and WAY TOO LOW.

We'll see soon BK! Fingers crossed!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
I think this man deserves a beer!

The jig could have been damaged but the LT's were resting on the frame and WAY TOO LOW.

We'll see soon BK! Fingers crossed!
Thx I learned the hard way unfortunately . I have FB LTs, and there was a huge fitment issue. When it comes to LT fitment the E and the CLS are not the same I guess

Yours are hanging to low, mine were touching the body from underneath. At least I hope your getting support, I was left to deal with it on my own...
Old 07-13-2010, 03:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Zod, I appreciate you piping up. Most people just post their success and not their struggles. Issues need to be posted and addressed to inform the community. Whatever the outcome, I will post my MBH experience in it's entirety.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by lowprofile
Zod, I appreciate you piping up. Most people just post their success and not their struggles. Issues need to be posted and addressed to inform the community. Whatever the outcome, I will post my MBH experience in it's entirety.

It figures... I leave for my first vacation in 2 years and something comes up. Thats why having a partner that is not only much more knowledgeable than me, but also available when I could not be.

Offering this as a reason or explanation, but not as an excuse. My take is this... The Jigs are stored at the fabrication facility on a rack. My guess is that they fell of the rack. Jarring a section of the jig to shift We are currently checking all jigs for all makes and models.

Needless to say, I'm very upset by this. This has never happened before. When I found out out this, I made sure that the ball got rolling asap on fixing the issue.

We have since overnighted a new header, However we did not receive the non fitting header back. Not so much a big deal as we think we found the issue. However it would have been nice to compare the non fitting header with the new one. This can easily be done once we receive the bad header back.

Even in a case like this my money back guarantee is still in place. We are also willing to go above that and pay for the failed install once an invoice is received.

An incident like this should not happen. However sometimes things happen. So we are prepared to remedy the problem for the customer. There headers plan on being around for some time. So customer service that actually cares is paramount.

I'm a mod junkie myself. Going to the shop to get a power adder installed should be a fun experience. Its a bummer when that effort fails due to a non fitment issue.

Again, we are ready and always willing to make this situation right for the customer. Also a thanks to TT Motorsports for helping to point out the issue to us. Then I would like to offer an apology to TT Motorsports for wasting their time, installing part of a header system that didn't fit.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
It figures... I leave for my first vacation in 2 years and something comes up. Thats why having a partner that is not only much more knowledgeable than me, but also available when I could not be.

Offering this as a reason or explanation, but not as an excuse. My take is this... The Jigs are stored at the fabrication facility on a rack. My guess is that they fell of the rack. Jarring a section of the jig to shift We are currently checking all jigs for all makes and models.

Needless to say, I'm very upset by this. This has never happened before. When I found out out this, I made sure that the ball got rolling asap on fixing the issue.

We have since overnighted a new header, However we did not receive the non fitting header back. Not so much a big deal as we think we found the issue. However it would have been nice to compare the non fitting header with the new one. This can easily be done once we receive the bad header back.

Even in a case like this my money back guarantee is still in place. We are also willing to go above that and pay for the failed install once an invoice is received.

An incident like this should not happen. However sometimes things happen. So we are prepared to remedy the problem for the customer. There headers plan on being around for some time. So customer service that actually cares is paramount.

I'm a mod junkie myself. Going to the shop to get a power adder installed should be a fun experience. Its a bummer when that effort fails due to a non fitment issue.

Again, we are ready and always willing to make this situation right for the customer. Also a thanks to TT Motorsports for helping to point out the issue to us. Then I would like to offer an apology to TT Motorsports for wasting their time, installing part of a header system that didn't fit.
Hey Mike, I had just sent you a PM but wanted to respond to this thread as well. During the last week I dealt with you, then Ron, and finally Richard. With that, I realize that some information might not have been passed on to you. To clear the air, I requested for Richard to include a return shipping label with the replacement header, which he agreed, however it was not in the box.
Funny how you mentioned that it would have been nice to compare the non-fitting header with the new one. As your customer, should I, or my installer (TTM), not be shown the same consideration to compare the headers?
I do appreciate you following up with me, thank you.

Respectfully,
lowpro
Old 07-17-2010, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
I do not think he is trying to hide anything from you lowpro. It just seems like mis-communication and since they made the headers they would want to see where the fault is by comparing the good with the bad and making sure it does not happen again.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
I never said, or implied, that I thought he was trying to hide anything from me. To the contrary, I applaud the fact that Mike has personally looked into this matter and acknowledged that the fabricator damaged the jig at some point.
I absolutely agree that there was a miscommunication, which is why I wanted to "clear the air."
Lastly, how could he compare the good with the bad? All we had was a non-fitting header, and a damaged jig(which was only confirmed this week). The extent to how much the jig is off is still to be determined as I am now for all purposes, the test vehicle. Had I been local, like yourself, I could have dropped off my car and let them take measurements and call it a day.
Just to be clear, MBH, TTM, and myself are working together to correct the issue. Though I have not made them public, I have supplied photos to MBH/Dyno-Comp of the issues which I have referred to. My goal is simply to have a proper set of headers, nothing more.
The purpose of this thread was/is to gather as much information as possible from other E55 owners.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by lowprofile
I never said, or implied, that I thought he was trying to hide anything from me. To the contrary, I applaud the fact that Mike has personally looked into this matter and acknowledged that the fabricator damaged the jig at some point.
I absolutely agree that there was a miscommunication, which is why I wanted to "clear the air."
Lastly, how could he compare the good with the bad? All we had was a non-fitting header, and a damaged jig(which was only confirmed this week). The extent to how much the jig is off is still to be determined as I am now for all purposes, the test vehicle. Had I been local, like yourself, I could have dropped off my car and let them take measurements and call it a day.
Just to be clear, MBH, TTM, and myself are working together to correct the issue. Though I have not made them public, I have supplied photos to MBH/Dyno-Comp of the issues which I have referred to. My goal is simply to have a proper set of headers, nothing more.
The purpose of this thread was/is to gather as much information as possible from other E55 owners.
After seeing the photos of the non fitting drivers side header. I easy to see where the bent area of the jig was. All the steel stock we use to make the jig is square tubing. We seen that a small section of the jig was indeed bent. Causing things to get pushed out... Causing the header to hit the fire wall. The bent beam was replaced with stock of the same size in the same location. If at that point we still felt there could be an issue, we have many local E55's that we can use to test fit on the jig. After the jig was restored to its original condition we knew there would be no fitment issues.

The reason we need the header back is to place it on the fixed jig. With the fixed jig the header will not fit in the area we fixed. We agreed that getting a properly fitting header to you was paramount. Waiting to receive the bad header would have just taken up more time than anyone would have wanted.

In the end we wanted to put the customers wishes above anything else. Its very important to us to make sure the customer is happy. This has prompted us to check all of your jigs. From the C,E/CLS, SL, of 55 63's and 500's. In doing so we found an issue with the C63 jig. That has been fixed as well. The E55/CLS55 header jig is by far the most used jig we have. That means it gets pulled out and put away many time. One jig side weighs about 100lbs. So the potential is there for it to get hit or dropped.

We are only happy when the customer is happy, this is why we offer a 100% money back guarantee. Not only for performance gains, but satisfaction. Along with a lifetime warranty on the header itself.

Knowing that I can't be everywhere all the time. We have people in place that can be. Like Ron and Richard, Hayden, and the two Matt's. So getting a hold of someone who knows the ins and outs of these headers for a technical questions, fitment issues, or install help. We will have someone available just about 7 days a week.

Last edited by MBH motorsports; 07-18-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
MBH has by far one of the best customer service philosophy you can find amongst the sponsors here.