MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   E55 shot at on freeway (I5, Stockton, Norcal) (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/358250-e55-shot-freeway-i5-stockton-norcal.html)

TheVazha 07-10-2010 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by 06E55 (Post 4153066)
No... This crap happens because there are people out there that don't give a s**t about other people and like to have fun shooting at and/or killing other people. I "roll around with firearms" for protection and protection only. Go preach your s**t to a different choir!

Protection from who, zee Germans?

06E55 07-10-2010 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by TheVazha (Post 4153133)
Protection from who, zee Germans?

Whomever it is that decides that they want to be stupid. I have had a conceal carry permit for over 20 years. If you carry a concealed weapon, you ALWAYS have it loaded, end of story. You don't see a police officer walk around with an unloaded weapon, why would you? That's just asking for trouble. I carry concealed because I own my corporation and there are times when I make large deposits and sometimes they are at night.

In my 20+ years of carrying concealed, I have only had to brandish my weapon on two occasions. On both occasions, the other person immediately backed down without the need to fire a shot. I am sorry, but you don't enter my house or my car uninvited!

Trust me, it's not me that you have to worry about carrying a loaded weapon. It's the jerks out there that have no regard for human life that you have to worry about. Trust me, I don't want to have to use my weapon, but I will if needed!

TheVazha 07-10-2010 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by 06E55 (Post 4153286)
Whomever it is that decides that they want to be stupid. I have had a conceal carry permit for over 20 years. If you carry a concealed weapon, you ALWAYS have it loaded, end of story. You don't see a police officer walk around with an unloaded weapon, why would you? That's just asking for trouble. I carry concealed because I own my corporation and there are times when I make large deposits and sometimes they are at night.

In my 20+ years of carrying concealed, I have only had to brandish my weapon on two occasions. On both occasions, the other person immediately backed down without the need to fire a shot. I am sorry, but you don't enter my house or my car uninvited!

Trust me, it's not me that you have to worry about carrying a loaded weapon. It's the jerks out there that have no regard for human life that you have to worry about. Trust me, I don't want to have to use my weapon, but I will if needed!

I dont own a gun but I want to. I do agree that if some crack smoking pos tries to get into your home and take what belongs to you and your family, possibly hurting you or your kids (GOD forbid), he deserves a bullet in the face. The unfortunate thing is that out here in Cali, if someone breaks into your house and you shoot them, you can face punishement and suit form the robber and or their family. Its embarrassing.

I was just busting your chops because I think its silly to brag about packing on a MBZ forum. You have a license to carry concealed, keep it concealed. With that said, I agree with you that you must protect the well being of your family. I could not even imagine what I'd do if someone tried to lay a finger on mine.

Thank you for your clear explenation on your need to carry. I just remember reading a thread in here a while back and it seems like some of these kids on here pack because its the "thing to do".

220S 07-10-2010 02:08 PM

Yeah, I agree with Vazha. I think the problem with your post was your language. You sounded way too ghetto like some baller saying "Yo, you touch my car, I'll kill your mofo a**"

Now you say you're a law abiding businessman. But you just didn't sound like one at first; you sounded more like a scared little gangsta. :p:

That's all.

320 dreamer 07-10-2010 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by novae500 (Post 4151981)
punk assess shooting at cars...some even throw rocks onto highways around here. Luckily the bullet didn't go thru the window and injure the woman. Probably was a raven .22 or .25 $100 gun they used.

hate to tell ya dude my 100$ raven will kill you just as fast as my 1000$ custom springfield armory

BerBer63 07-10-2010 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by 06E55 (Post 4153069)
A Glock 22 isn't a .22 idiot. It's a 40-calibre... Know you guns before you make a stupid post like this!

Haha :rolf:

novae500 07-10-2010 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by 06E55 (Post 4153069)
A Glock 22 isn't a .22 idiot. It's a 40-calibre... Know you guns before you make a stupid post like this!

lol...too many sheep out there not knowing wtf is going on. :nix:

novae500 07-10-2010 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by 320 dreamer (Post 4153637)
hate to tell ya dude my 100$ raven will kill you just as fast as my 1000$ custom springfield armory

:y any caliber can kill. All depends on shot placement! :D And i really dont care how much you spend on one handgun...

VCA_AMG 07-11-2010 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by 220S (Post 4153556)
Yeah, I agree with Vazha. I think the problem with your post was your language. You sounded way too ghetto like some baller saying "Yo, you touch my car, I'll kill your mofo a**"

Now you say you're a law abiding businessman. But you just didn't sound like one at first; you sounded more like a scared little gangsta. :p:

That's all.

+1

Can I get a what what for 2nd Amendment rights :violent:

06E55 07-11-2010 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by novae500 (Post 4153961)
:y any caliber can kill. All depends on shot placement! :D And i really dont care how much you spend on one handgun...

Exactly correct! I used to make .22 caliber zip guns when I was a teenager. Probably had $25 or so invested in each one that I made. It doesn't matter what caliber it is, a well-placed shot can kill!

06E55 07-11-2010 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by 220S (Post 4153556)

That's all.

Rereading my post, you and Vazha are correct. I did come off trying to sound like a baller! That was not my intention!

Vazha. I have owned several guns since I was 12 years old. I grew up in northwestern PA and started to hunt when I was 12. I learned how to shoot by rifles and pistols when I was around 10 years old or so. My father is an avid marksman. He shot rifles, pistols, and archery competitively for several years. I used to shoot archery competitively as well. Although gun ownership is a serious responsibility (even more so know that I have a three-month old that will be starting to crawl soon) that I definitely do not take lightly. I know all of the weapons that I own inside and out and maintain them very well. I would rather not carry concealed if I had a choice (if everyone was honest and muggings/robberies did not happen); however, when making large deposits at the end of a long day, it is in your best interest to do so. Especially if you are seen making the deposits on almost an everyday basis and you are driving a vehicle such as an AMG... I try never to be predictable; however, one can never be too careful. Even in the nicest parts of town, you never know who you will run into! Especially in today's economy. I also know that NO amount of money or your vehicle is worth losing your life for. I will gladly give up my vehicle or my money if I feel that it is a situation where the outcome is unfavorable. Luckily, as I have stated, I have only had to brandish my firearm on two occasions. One was when I was walking from a theatre to my hotel when my wife and I were in DC and a young kid pulled a knife on me asking for my wallet. The other situation was when some road raging idiot cut me off for no reason, got out of his car, walked over to mine, and literally punched my window so hard that it broke. On both occasions, when I brandished my firearm, both people backed off without me having to fire a shot. But trust me, I will not hesitate to fire if needed. I have countless hours of target practice and am definitely not gun shy!

I believe the situation in NC is the same regarding shooting a robber/home invader. I believe you now have to prove that your life was in danger when you shot the person. Honestly, it is freaking sad. Regardless of whether the individual has any form of weapon, if they break into your home, your life IS in danger as you have absolutely NO idea what the intentions of the said person are! It is a freaking shame that if you don't kill them that they can sue you and it is even worse that if you do kill them that their family can sue you! You/your loved one shouldn't have broken into my home in the first place! However, I will guarantee you that I will do absolutely anything to protect my family. Jail time be damned!

Infiniti 07-12-2010 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by 06E55 (Post 4155055)
Rereading my post, you and Vazha are correct. I did come off trying to sound like a baller! That was not my intention!

Vazha. I have owned several guns since I was 12 years old. I grew up in northwestern PA and started to hunt when I was 12. I learned how to shoot by rifles and pistols when I was around 10 years old or so. My father is an avid marksman. He shot rifles, pistols, and archery competitively for several years. I used to shoot archery competitively as well. Although gun ownership is a serious responsibility (even more so know that I have a three-month old that will be starting to crawl soon) that I definitely do not take lightly. I know all of the weapons that I own inside and out and maintain them very well. I would rather not carry concealed if I had a choice (if everyone was honest and muggings/robberies did not happen); however, when making large deposits at the end of a long day, it is in your best interest to do so. Especially if you are seen making the deposits on almost an everyday basis and you are driving a vehicle such as an AMG... I try never to be predictable; however, one can never be too careful. Even in the nicest parts of town, you never know who you will run into! Especially in today's economy. I also know that NO amount of money or your vehicle is worth losing your life for. I will gladly give up my vehicle or my money if I feel that it is a situation where the outcome is unfavorable. Luckily, as I have stated, I have only had to brandish my firearm on two occasions. One was when I was walking from a theatre to my hotel when my wife and I were in DC and a young kid pulled a knife on me asking for my wallet. The other situation was when some road raging idiot cut me off for no reason, got out of his car, walked over to mine, and literally punched my window so hard that it broke. On both occasions, when I brandished my firearm, both people backed off without me having to fire a shot. But trust me, I will not hesitate to fire if needed. I have countless hours of target practice and am definitely not gun shy!

I believe the situation in NC is the same regarding shooting a robber/home invader. I believe you now have to prove that your life was in danger when you shot the person. Honestly, it is freaking sad. Regardless of whether the individual has any form of weapon, if they break into your home, your life IS in danger as you have absolutely NO idea what the intentions of the said person are! It is a freaking shame that if you don't kill them that they can sue you and it is even worse that if you do kill them that their family can sue you! You/your loved one shouldn't have broken into my home in the first place! However, I will guarantee you that I will do absolutely anything to protect my family. Jail time be damned!

man dont believe this guy, he told me he has a silenced uzi and snoop dogg dont got shiet on him lmfao

acb 07-12-2010 06:35 PM

Im not going to get into the guns debate but seriously, what are the chances of circumstances actually conspiring to present you with a situation either in your home, out on the road, or walking down the street, where pulling a gun in response is the smart thing to do.

I spent 18 years learning how to defend myself without a gun and the most important thing I learnt was to walk away.

06E55 07-12-2010 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Infiniti (Post 4156150)
man dont believe this guy, he told me he has a silenced uzi and snoop dogg dont got shiet on him lmfao

Uhh, how many bowls have you been smoking?:eek:

06E55 07-12-2010 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by acb (Post 4156234)
Im not going to get into the guns debate but seriously, what are the chances of circumstances actually conspiring to present you with a situation either in your home, out on the road, or walking down the street, where pulling a gun in response is the smart thing to do.

I spent 18 years learning how to defend myself without a gun and the most important thing I learnt was to walk away.

Well, considering that I needed to on two separate occasions, the chances are good. If someone pulls a knife on you and threatens you and your wive's lives if you don't give them what they want, walking away isn't going to work! I pulled my weapon because my life (but more importantly my wife's life) was in danger. I totally agree that every situation is different, and sometimes giving them what they want and/or walking away is the best thing to do. However, not all situations are like that!

TheVazha 07-12-2010 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by 06E55 (Post 4155055)

Yeah whatever House of Paine.... LOL, jk!

I'm with you 06, it would be best to avoid all confrontation but in these desperate times you have to protect what you break your back to earn.

jpohl402 07-13-2010 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by 06E55 (Post 4153286)

I agree with this statement 100%.
Not to mention, as AMERICANS we have a right to keep and bear arms, especially to DEFEND yourself. Keyword being DEFEND - as in, not be on the offense, using in ways for personal gain, crime, theft, etc - but having your own FIREARM there and ready for use only if needed.
I believe most everyone should exercise their rights - isn't that the basis on which America was founded? (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Now when I say Americans, I fully realize that this does not apply to you fellow mates down under (Australia is fairly strict on gun possession) but I suppose we should probably throw California, you Chicago-uns, and NYC'ers into that mix as well, since you unfortunately don't share this Amendment with the rest of us.

Finally, as stated above - caliber does not matter - .22's kill the most people as a matter of fact. And glock safe-action pistols have models starting at 17 through 35 - this number has no correlation with calibers. Oh and nowhere in the article did it state that the "victim" or the property was specifically targeted. Probably a case of mistaken identity or a stray bullet from up to a mile away.

For those of you talking down on 06e55, regardless of where you live - there very well MAY be a time when you could have seriously benefited from being armed, however due to the fact that you were not, your life's course became seriously altered in a split second. Though I truly hope that doesn't occur to anyone here. But remember, you can't say "too bad I wasn't armed" after the fact. Lastly, typically the law abiding CCW'ers are NOT the ones that you need to worry about - it is the criminal with no disregard with stolen/unlicensed firearm anyway - they don't really pay attention to the laws anyway right?

Think what may have occurred at some of these mass murder sites if ONE single person had been armed - Columbine, Virginia Tech, Westroads mall in Omaha, etc etc. There is a good chance less lives would have been lost - who would like to argue with me on that point?
There is a seat for every ass, those that will and those that will not carry, and we all have our own decisions. Best of luck to us all.

acb 07-13-2010 02:01 AM

Guns dont kill people. Dogs kill people........

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/d...-1225891262497

220S 07-13-2010 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by jpohl402 (Post 4156800)
I agree with this statement 100%.
Not to mention, as AMERICANS we have a right to keep and bear arms, especially to DEFEND yourself. Keyword being DEFEND - as in, not be on the offense, using in ways for personal gain, crime, theft, etc - but having your own FIREARM there and ready for use only if needed.
I believe most everyone should exercise their rights - isn't that the basis on which America was founded? (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Now when I say Americans, I fully realize that this does not apply to you fellow mates down under (Australia is fairly strict on gun possession) but I suppose we should probably throw California, you Chicago-uns, and NYC'ers into that mix as well, since you unfortunately don't share this Amendment with the rest of us.

Finally, as stated above - caliber does not matter - .22's kill the most people as a matter of fact. And glock safe-action pistols have models starting at 17 through 35 - this number has no correlation with calibers. Oh and nowhere in the article did it state that the "victim" or the property was specifically targeted. Probably a case of mistaken identity or a stray bullet from up to a mile away.

For those of you talking down on 06e55, regardless of where you live - there very well MAY be a time when you could have seriously benefited from being armed, however due to the fact that you were not, your life's course became seriously altered in a split second. Though I truly hope that doesn't occur to anyone here. But remember, you can't say "too bad I wasn't armed" after the fact. Lastly, typically the law abiding CCW'ers are NOT the ones that you need to worry about - it is the criminal with no disregard with stolen/unlicensed firearm anyway - they don't really pay attention to the laws anyway right?

Think what may have occurred at some of these mass murder sites if ONE single person had been armed - Columbine, Virginia Tech, Westroads mall in Omaha, etc etc. There is a good chance less lives would have been lost - who would like to argue with me on that point?
There is a seat for every ass, those that will and those that will not carry, and we all have our own decisions. Best of luck to us all.

I'm maybe kinda okay with all that providing that people who carry have had a complete psychiatric evaluation, IQ test, a test for a rational mind, aren't alcoholics or drink like fish, don't beat their wives or their pets, have no indication of flying off the handle when even mildly provoked (eg, no road rage tendencies), don't hate people of color, and have no odd behavioral eccentricities.

There are way too many freaky so-called "regular people" out there everywhere driving cars, shopping at supermarkets, in bars, hanging out at the beach, at the movies. You see them everywhere. And if they all can carry a loaded gun under their right to bear arms, then I'm wearing a helmet and bulletproof vest. Or moving to another planet.

06E55 07-13-2010 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by 220S (Post 4156975)
I'm maybe kinda okay with all that providing that people who carry have had a complete psychiatric evaluation, IQ test, a test for a rational mind, aren't alcoholics or drink like fish, don't beat their wives or their pets, have no indication of flying off the handle when even mildly provoked (eg, no road rage tendencies), don't hate people of color, and have no odd behavioral eccentricities.

There are way too many freaky so-called "regular people" out there everywhere driving cars, shopping at supermarkets, in bars, hanging out at the beach, at the movies. You see them everywhere. And if they all can carry a loaded gun under their right to bear arms, then I'm wearing a helmet and bulletproof vest. Or moving to another planet.

You have to be joking, right? You do realize that more people kill people by getting in their vehicles and driving drunk or street racing than by people that have Concealed Carry permits, don't you!? And you certainly don't need any one of those criterions you mention. I bet there are FAR more people who would not pass those criterions that get behind the wheel of an automobile every single day as they go about their daily lives; therefore, putting many more people at risk than people who carry concealed do!

06E55 07-13-2010 12:18 PM

I could not agree with you more!

Badabings 07-13-2010 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by 06E55 (Post 4157060)
You have to be joking, right? You do realize that more people kill people by getting in their vehicles and driving drunk or street racing than by people that have Concealed Carry permits, don't you!? And you certainly don't need any one of those criterions you mention. I bet there are FAR more people who would not pass those criterions that get behind the wheel of an automobile every single day as they go about their daily lives; therefore, putting many more people at risk than people who carry concealed do!

+1

220S 07-13-2010 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by 06E55 (Post 4157060)

:crazy:

Where did I say that I wanted idiots behind the wheel driving drunk killing people? Yeah, I don't think half the people out there should be driving either. But I was talking about guns as weapons not cars as weapons. :slap:

Because any idiot is already allowed to drive cars stupidly, doesn't mean any idiot should also be allowed to carry loaded guns. Then we have idiots behind the wheel with loaded guns. It's already bad enough that they drive cars.

Did I say I wanted those people behind the wheel? No, I have to be wary of them everyday as it is. And I certainly don't want them to have guns, either.

I want only intelligent, rational people to be allowed to carry concealed weapons.

You present a common and lazy rebuttal. Brush up on logic. And exercise some reading comprehension. :nix:

acb 07-13-2010 07:42 PM

Or perhaps if firearms were not so accessable to every jilted kid with a grudge against society the problem wouldnt exist in the first place. Kinda works with the rest of the democratic world.. :rolleyes:

**apply e-burn cream**

06E55 07-13-2010 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by 220S (Post 4157642)
:crazy:

Where did I say that I wanted idiots behind the wheel driving drunk killing people? Yeah, I don't think half the people out there should be driving either. But I was talking about guns as weapons not cars as weapons. :slap:

Because any idiot is already allowed to drive cars stupidly, doesn't mean any idiot should also be allowed to carry loaded guns. Then we have idiots behind the wheel with loaded guns. It's already bad enough that they drive cars.

Did I say I wanted those people behind the wheel? No, I have to be wary of them everyday as it is. And I certainly don't want them to have guns, either.

I want only intelligent, rational people to be allowed to carry concealed weapons.

You present a common and lazy rebuttal. Brush up on logic. And exercise some reading comprehension. :nix:

I am not even going to comment about your arrogance of your post. My point was that people in vehicles kill far more people than people with a CCW permit ever will! And besides, it isn't the people with a CCW permit that you have to worry about. It's all the young wannabe gangsters and other criminals that are carrying weapons ILLEGALLY that you have to worry about! I would guess that over 99% of the people with a CCW permit would pass these criterons anyway.:word: