W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Scatch removal...ugghhh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2010 | 10:56 PM

2006 E55
Scatch removal...ugghhh

Walked out of my office building I work at the other day to see some nice surface scratches on my back quarter panel and passenger door on driver's side. It looks like someone holding something too close as they got in or out of their car and dragged across my paint.

They don't seem very deep. I got home and tried to buff them out with home buffer but to no avail.

What's the best way to try to get rid of these scratches other than repainting?

Black exterior of that matters.

Thanks as always!
Old 07-08-2010 | 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by brettmf
Walked out of my office building I work at the other day to see some nice surface scratches on my back quarter panel and passenger door on driver's side. It looks like someone holding something too close as they got in or out of their car and dragged across my paint.

They don't seem very deep. I got home and tried to buff them out with home buffer but to no avail.

What's the best way to try to get rid of these scratches other than repainting?

Black exterior of that matters.

Thanks as always!
You can try to get a detailer who specializes in paint correction...just make sure you get a good one with references. A pic of the scratches might be helpful, too...and posting it on the detail subforum...I believe there are several paint correction guys there. If they can't do it because of their location they might have a contact closer to you.
Old 07-09-2010 | 08:00 AM

A4, M3, 996, E55
+1 on what was said above. As a professional detailer myself and Autopian I'd highly suggest checking out the forums at Autopia and looking for a reputable professional in your area.

There are a couple of very very good guys from Autopia that are located in Atlanta. If it were my money I'd be calling Brian Burnworth from Peachstate Detailing. 678-357-5504 His screen name on Autopia is gmblack3a
Old 07-14-2010 | 05:47 PM

'12 BMW 535i GT 07 GMC Denali 1500
Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
+1 on what was said above. As a professional detailer myself and Autopian I'd highly suggest checking out the forums at Autopia and looking for a reputable professional in your area.

There are a couple of very very good guys from Autopia that are located in Atlanta. If it were my money I'd be calling Brian Burnworth from Peachstate Detailing. 678-357-5504 His screen name on Autopia is gmblack3a
Thanks!

Please let me know if I can help you in anyway.

Bryan Burnworth