P505 Idle code fixed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 09:29 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
P505 Idle code fixed!

My first AMG 82mm worked great and then I took it off to port it out some and must have developed a leak. Fought with this code for 6 months and then decided to take it all off and re-seal adaptor and gaskets.. I also put on a new 82mm TB at the same time to be safe.. Turned out, the adaptor plate gasket I had used ,never sealed back after being broken loose..

I put the TB on and only used blue silicone this time but code was showing possible again. I did the TPS re-set but still there..

I then tried a different TPS re-set and also double checked y pipe.. Then all the sudden , fixed! Idle in gear TPS is at 3.2%!!!!!!! Yes and on a 82mm! no codes showing.. No to hope that my P2096 lean cat code will not come back again either..

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 07-23-2010, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
Im glad to hear that you got rid of the code,I know exactly what you went threw because I spent about 6 months trying to get mine to work too lol

I gave up on the 82mm,I dont think its a leak at all.I pulled every hose off my stock tb and drove around with NO intake nothing just the tb on and it didnt throw the code on the stock one.

5 min with the 82 and the code would come right up every time.

Its simple if you hink about it.The car is programmed to see x amount of thorttle angle at y rpm and if its not in its range the code comes up fast.

now the ecu is trying to see 2.7% tps at 650 rpm(just a guess)and with the bigger tb it needs to close it more because your letting more air in at that same angle.

I was getting 0.7-1.1 tps and that is basically closing the tb 100% to hit its idle.

are you using a mercedes tb or the porsche one?I think you told me you had the 550 tb.That was my last resort but I wasnt about to spend another 800 and tear the whole thing apart again to try.

The ecu is soo picky also,if you dont clear it the codes go away on there own.This is the first time I have seen an obd2 car go from not ready to ready on its own.Also not to gynx you but is the car fully warmed up?I had a few times where I thought I had it fixed and after a few hard pulls the stupid tps would go back to 1.1

Last edited by skratch77; 07-23-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:10 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
I also did not go for leak idea before the TB but after is a problem.. My leak was after I pulled a no coding 82mm off and must have ruined the integrity of the gasket..

I am using the Mercedes TB, as it is a perfect match of the stock 74mm TB but bigger!

I found that I have had to go through the re-set several times to get them dialed in..

This time (after 2 other tries) I did this..
1) key off and un-plug TB connection
2) Turn key on and leave on for several minutes.
3) Turn key off,plug TB back in.
4) push pedal down once an the turn key on pos 2
5) with key on, push pedal down once and then wait 2 minutes for TPS to re-set .
6) turn key off and then start car and look at your 3.2% TPS in drive!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 07-24-2010, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
I also did not go for leak idea before the TB but after is a problem.. My leak was after I pulled a no coding 82mm off and must have ruined the integrity of the gasket..

I am using the Mercedes TB, as it is a perfect match of the stock 74mm TB but bigger!

I found that I have had to go through the re-set several times to get them dialed in..

This time (after 2 other tries) I did this..
1) key off and un-plug TB connection
2) Turn key on and leave on for several minutes.
3) Turn key off,plug TB back in.
4) push pedal down once an the turn key on pos 2
5) with key on, push pedal down once and then wait 2 minutes for TPS to re-set .
6) turn key off and then start car and look at your 3.2% TPS in drive!
Hey, thanks for the info!