Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible purchase...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
Possible purchase...

I have somewhat narrowed my search for an E55 to a few cars and the main one i am interested in is a 04' with about 97k on it. It is a one owner car, all maintenance done at one MB dealer, has a extensive service history on it such as replacing little things here and there under warranty, all service etc has been performed. I was hoping to get some of your thoughts on this car with that many miles. I didn't know if any of you have around that many miles and have experienced an big money failures etc. I didn't know if the extensive history on it would be a bad or good thing. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I have checked the current threads about peoples maintenance history and what problems people have had.

Aaron
Old 07-28-2010, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Aaron,
You better send the car to have complete check in the car. Make sure no engine oil leak and if transmission was service or not. 97K should have plugs replaced. What services was done in the car ? ask the owner to list what is done otherwise you have to spend a lot of money to do a big service now.
My car is 06 has 83K miles today. I own it for more than a year, not single fix !!! Thanx GOD ! knock on the wood. (I have Chrysler ext. warranty anyways )
I dont think mileage is major concern in this car, all depend how the owner treat it. What is the asking price ? 04 97K miles should'nt be more than $22K
Do you have extra budget to maintain this car ?

Good luck !
Old 07-28-2010, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
Charly, the car has had all its scheduled maintenance done on time by the dealership. Even just had them put new tires on it recently. It does show some wear and tear on the interior but nothing too serious. The exterior is in great shape.

Is there anything i should keep an eye on while test driving this car, other than the obvious like smoking, overheating, leaks etc? Any other known problems that would be noticeable while driving? Unfortunately it is out of state and i will have to fly in to take a better look at it and make the decision while i am there.

Does anyone know a good shop around the Los Angeles area that i can take this car in and have it looked over before making the final decision?

Thanks.

Aaron