W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 06-09-2015, 04:39 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Red triangle indicator on instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Red triangle indicator on instrument cluster

My W211 owners manual is at the office but I am home for the weekend so any help would be appreciated. On my ride home, the red triangle indicator light (has a frontal view image depicting a white car) in the instrument cluster flashed several times whenever I accelerated hard or if I took tight right-hand turns at above-normal speeds. This has never happened to me before so I'm a bit concerned especially since my drive today was less aggressive than usual. Please note this is not the amber traction control light. It's the red one next to the right turn signal. I've read here and at Benzworld that it could be TPMS, air suspension, or a distronic fault, but I do not have TPMS and my distronic is functioning fine. Please share if anyone knows for sure what this red light stands for. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
The red triangle warning lamp on the right side (next to the turn signal light) is the distance warning lamp. Sounds like a distronic malfunction.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
Thanks, if it is Distronic I'll be alright since I don't use it. I'm just glad its not the air suspension.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Could be the sensor up front is dirty, too. No biggie. Just don't depend on it being accurate if you do use it.

Airmatic is on the center IC and with big red words saying, "Go to your dealer now. Stop at the bank first and make major withdrawal if not under warranty."
Old 07-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
The radar on the distronic system detects/vehicles objects in the path of the vehicle. If the speed is sufficient to create a possible collision situation, the light will flash and there will be an audible warning alarm. This happens even if the distronic is not engaged. There is a defeat switch on the console that will turn off the warning.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211-55
Originally Posted by 220S
Could be the sensor up front is dirty, too. No biggie. Just don't depend on it being accurate if you do use it.

Airmatic is on the center IC and with big red words saying, "Go to your dealer now. Stop at the bank first and make major withdrawal if not under warranty."
LOL!!!!! (for now)

Originally Posted by Can Drive 55
The radar on the distronic system detects/vehicles objects in the path of the vehicle. If the speed is sufficient to create a possible collision situation, the light will flash and there will be an audible warning alarm. This happens even if the distronic is not engaged. There is a defeat switch on the console that will turn off the warning.
This makes sense now. Yesterday a bunch of Giants fans were crossing my path and setting off my parktronic at a red light. I was trying to shut it off but may have turned on some Distronic feature instead. I'll tinker with the settings tomorrow or wait til after I get the manual from work.