Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
H7 Headlight Low Beam Choices/Brands/Suggestions = Please advise

Hello,
On a non-xenon car - I don't care for the factory yellowish halogen bulbs.

I tried an aftermarket HID kit which I had nothing but problems with. It was a terrible, frustrating experience. The full kit was even replaced but nothing changed.
I don't know if my car's computer was preventing the bulbs from working properly, but 60% of the time one headlight or the other was not operational.

In any event, short of buying the $1400 factory Bi-Xenons, what are my options ?
My parts supplier told me the only other H7 halogen bulbs are the Sylvania Cool Blue and Silverstar lines, which don't make much of a difference anyway.
Any LED headlight bulbs ?
I don't necessarily need high visibility in the city - mainly looking for color output (i.e. 4300k WHITE). Therefore LED bulbs may work (low light output.)

Thanks in advance !!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
05 e55
One solution that I've done to previous cars would be to retrofit xenon projectors into your current housing... It's not cheap, but it is cheaper than buying the factory headlamps... The advantage to this is that you can pick the projector going into the car... One of my previous vehicles had Honda S2000 projectors retrofitted, it was bright as hell and the best part (in my opinion) was the super sharp cutoff line as I'd drive down the street...

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but had to throw it out there... Out or curiosity, what brand of aftermarket HID's did you buy? Did you also buy any error cancellation kit?