Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To sell or to build? That is the question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 11:01 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
I think lowered compression pistons, serious connecting rods, some good head work, and maybe a turbo or 2 would do the trick, kind of like the TT setups for the Mustang. Intercoolers in the front bumper behind the current foglamps, and a roll cage for that thing finally.......

Nick
Old 08-21-2010, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey curious email me info on ur car please and if I could maybe see it or we can meet up email me photos mods list any any issues ? Thanks
Old 08-22-2010, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Uncharted territory always presents conflicting issues....
It's is fun, challenging and rewarding to do a project that no one else has done successfully.
Which is exactly why it can be a nightmare...no one else has done it successfully. I know you understand what you are getting yourself into, and honestly are probably in the best position of anyone to make a fully built twin turbo 55 a reality, but the stumbling blocks and frustrations could consume you.

On the other hand you are not going to be happy with ANY car that is not highly modified, so I wouldn't even consider another Benz, an Aston or a new BMW.
It is clear you want your car to be unique AND The King of the Hill...period. So just make sure whatever move you make will satisfy that goal.

You know the answer already.......

Good luck man, I can't wait to see what ever you do.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by tgoss
Hell I'll pitch in if you stitch my name on the passenger seat and take me for hell rides, but only highway runs @ 200mph +

OH god yes! Well if you're in the market.... DO IT! Something about twin snails on a big block makes me think you might be entertained for a while

Yea that would be awesome. Also out of my price range lol
Originally Posted by citylightva
Actually if you just wanna go retard fast, get a C6 LS3...There are 2 guys here putting down 950+ at the wheels ProCharged...Then again now that I think about it I think they both put over $50K in em though...

Your CLK is nasty though...One of my favorite builds on here
$50k in anything and it would be pretty fast lol. If I just wanted to go really fast I could buy an old foxbody and go 8s for pretty cheap

Thanks
Originally Posted by nick 55
I think lowered compression pistons, serious connecting rods, some good head work, and maybe a turbo or 2 would do the trick, kind of like the TT setups for the Mustang. Intercoolers in the front bumper behind the current foglamps, and a roll cage for that thing finally.......

Nick
That is my dream setup
Originally Posted by Mrbig
Hey curious email me info on ur car please and if I could maybe see it or we can meet up email me photos mods list any any issues ? Thanks
I already have a buyer lined up, just have to make the call on whether I want to sell it or not
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Uncharted territory always presents conflicting issues....
It's is fun, challenging and rewarding to do a project that no one else has done successfully.
Which is exactly why it can be a nightmare...no one else has done it successfully. I know you understand what you are getting yourself into, and honestly are probably in the best position of anyone to make a fully built twin turbo 55 a reality, but the stumbling blocks and frustrations could consume you.

On the other hand you are not going to be happy with ANY car that is not highly modified, so I wouldn't even consider another Benz, an Aston or a new BMW.
It is clear you want your car to be unique AND The King of the Hill...period. So just make sure whatever move you make will satisfy that goal.

You know the answer already.......

Good luck man, I can't wait to see what ever you do.
Yea the unchartered territiories and having to wait on and believe other people when they say they can do something is not something I like. I think it can be done. The standalone part or the tune are what worry me most. Decisions decisions
Old 08-23-2010, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Ahmad...consider keeping the car. IT has history, it's been a first in many things. Plus it represents a part of you, there is a sentimental and real intrinsic value there. I thought of selling my race car several times, but for me there is a lot more in terms of the "blood, sweat, and tears" in it not just money. It represents something. In fact I was at Summit Point this past Friday instructing for BSR again and drove it on track after having replaced the radiator and brake rotors and I realized again, after each lap why this car was so great to drive in the first place, and the journey I've been through with it. Your benz represents so much more than just car a car, it's a journey, its about everything you've been through and how the car has grown with you and vice versa that means something. That cannot be replaced with sheer performance numbers, at the end of the day there is so much more to it.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:46 PM

Email me please details and pictures thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
clk500
keep the car
it is a hot car 2 have
Old 08-24-2010, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
If you got a new toy....you wouldn't mod it??? Sounds like someone else you know...

Tom
Old 08-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Sunir
Ahmad...consider keeping the car. IT has history, it's been a first in many things. Plus it represents a part of you, there is a sentimental and real intrinsic value there. I thought of selling my race car several times, but for me there is a lot more in terms of the "blood, sweat, and tears" in it not just money. It represents something. In fact I was at Summit Point this past Friday instructing for BSR again and drove it on track after having replaced the radiator and brake rotors and I realized again, after each lap why this car was so great to drive in the first place, and the journey I've been through with it. Your benz represents so much more than just car a car, it's a journey, its about everything you've been through and how the car has grown with you and vice versa that means something. That cannot be replaced with sheer performance numbers, at the end of the day there is so much more to it.
Thanks Sunir. I am definitely swaying towards keeping it right now. It's a tough decision. I want so many different cars lol
Originally Posted by Mrbig
Email me please details and pictures thanks
I already have a buyer thanks
Originally Posted by buffyclk500
keep the car
it is a hot car 2 have
Thanks
Originally Posted by TMC M5
If you got a new toy....you wouldn't mod it??? Sounds like someone else you know...

Tom
Hahahha Sounds just like someone I know!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Build. For me, that was the blast.