W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting afternoon at the golf course. . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 10:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Interesting afternoon at the golf course. . .

Soooo Benz-O-Rama and I decided to get a round in after work today. . .on the course I didn't notice but I got a call from a friend asking to call him back immediately as he has some news. We finish the round and Clayton, in his infinite wisdom, says oh so casually "you need to feel what 738 FT/LBs feels like - here's the keys, get it up to 30 and punch it". Well, gentlemen (and ladies) let me tell you V12 TT - OMG!!!!!! Once those bad boys spool up - you best make sure you're pointed in the right direction!!!!!!!. Since I like lists, a couple of quick observations:
1) This car gives the 63's a run for their money in the sound department - straight up MEAN
2) I didn't even notice that the top was down (even at triple digit speeds)
3) It was pretty dis-heartning to see my car falling back in the rear view (confirmed when we switched back and he punched it (lighting up the rears at 50mph) and I couldn't gain)
4) It handled A LOT better than I thought (provided that you were respectful of the throttle - if not - you're not wiggling - you're full blown "***-out"
5) The fact that Clayton was ripping off 1.7's 60 ft times on ALL SEASON TIRES is nothing short of AMAZING as I was spinning even when I was trying NOT to!!!!!
6) The fact that he was smiling after my first accidental "*** out" antics speaks volumes as to how twisted he is mentally
7) (and most importantly) my car looks bad *** when looking at it in the rear view mirror

Then I get back in the car, call my friend back and he says "Just got a CLK BS - picking it up tomorrow".

I need to go golfing more often. . .

Took this with my phone - notice the man in upper right side

Old 08-26-2010, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Loving it!!!! Did Clayton get his drink on? When we played in Orlando he drank like a fish BUT played a lot better when he couldn't pass a breathalizer test.

Time for you to invest in a V12TT!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Sounds like you guys had a good time. I have not had the pleasure of driving a v12tt yet, but hopefully I will someday.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Makes me want to get a V12TT
Old 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E500 Sport
why do you take pics of men bent over?
Old 08-27-2010, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
BT,

Sounds like you and clayton had a pretty picture perfect afternoon. Funny how the golf course can do that

I have to admit as much as I love my 55k, I can't do anything but agree with you that a V12TT is the ultimate in performance and pleasure in a MBZ. I've been looking for a nice SL600 to add for quite some time it's just hard to keep my money where it needs to be...

Oh... and that's a pretty sweet pic of two fairly average cars parked together
Old 08-27-2010, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
What diffuser is that on the E?
Old 08-27-2010, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Twas a fun day, indeed. Take my crank HP and divide by 6, that was my golf score.

I finally got to hear what my muffler-less V12 sounds like from behind. I was surprised at how exotic it sounded. Riding in the cockpit deadens the sound a bit. BTs romp through the tunnel was music to my ears though.

Also, I've never driven an E55 who's steering wheel felt so good in my hands. I don't know which one you have, but everyone should get it. It's fantastic.

Oh yeah....and BT is a way better golfer than me. So is Jon....I'm starting to get a complex about it.

Oh and Jon, it's called swing grease, brother.....swing grease.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 08-27-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
his got 1 fast good looking 6hundo 11.5 with 20's will give any car a run for its money. imagine with 18 and DR's
Old 08-27-2010, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by andrew knight
EuroTeck, great looking piece of ***!

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Also, I've never driven an E55 who's steering wheel felt so good in my hands. I don't know which one you have, but everyone should get it. It's fantastic.
DCT wheels FTMFW! Just seeing pictures of BT's installed is what caused me to purchase mine

I thought you were selling the SL?? Decided to keep here I see
Old 08-27-2010, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by tgoss

DCT wheels FTMFW! Just seeing pictures of BT's installed is what caused me to purchase mine

Yep, she's staying put. My wife was able to reach an agreement on my live-in daycare's compensation package. We thought she was leaving us, so that meant I'd have to drive kids all over the place. She stays....so the SL stays.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
VTRZANE!! Love that plate!!!

Old 08-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
A tuned V12biturbo is just straight up nasty! I remember my first time in Jasons car. It felt like my eyeballs sunk into their sockets!
Old 08-27-2010, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
Loving it!!!! Did Clayton get his drink on? When we played in Orlando he drank like a fish BUT played a lot better when he couldn't pass a breathalizer test.

Time for you to invest in a V12TT!
You know he did. . . and he did get better with every beer He also had nothing but good things to say about you and your time together. Don't think I'm now not thinking long and hard about it. It really is SWEET engine mated to a great platform.

Sounds like you guys had a good time. I have not had the pleasure of driving a v12tt yet, but hopefully I will someday
Curious to see your impressions when you do - I was completely blown away. . .

Makes me want to get a V12TT
You, with a V12 TT = SCARY. I can't imagine what you would throw at it. Just an ECU tune put over 700 ft/lbs to the crank - I know that would be just the start for you

why do you take pics of men bent over?
I look for any reminders of why I need to stay out of jail. . .

BT,

Sounds like you and clayton had a pretty picture perfect afternoon. Funny how the golf course can do that

I have to admit as much as I love my 55k, I can't do anything but agree with you that a V12TT is the ultimate in performance and pleasure in a MBZ. I've been looking for a nice SL600 to add for quite some time it's just hard to keep my money where it needs to be...

Oh... and that's a pretty sweet pic of two fairly average cars parked together
Tal - I try to keep an open mind with all things car related (my dd is a hybrid for God sakes) but I got to tell ya - totally not prepared for the experience. It tickles you is so many different ways: sound, top down, comfort, getting loose from to much gas...you said it best - it really is the ultimate in MB performance and pleasure. . .

First thing Clayton said to me when I pulled up - "I see you brought the slow car. . ." F'ing Clayton - the worse thing about it - in this case he was right - not really use to that being the case

Twas a fun day, indeed. Take my crank HP and divide by 6, that was my golf score.

I finally got to hear what my muffler-less V12 sounds like from behind. I was surprised at how exotic it sounded. Riding in the cockpit deadens the sound a bit. BTs romp through the tunnel was music to my ears though.

Oh yeah....and BT is a way better golfer than me. So is Jon....I'm starting to get a complex about it.

Oh and Jon, it's called swing grease, brother.....swing grease.
After seeing you play - I have two pieces of advice:

1) start drinking an hour before getting to the course
2) play right handed

should help tremendously

THANK YOU AGAIN for letting me get a "taste". . . had a blast on the course as well. Maybe Carnival in 2012. . .?

his got 1 fast good looking 6hundo 11.5 with 20's will give any car a run for its money. imagine with 18 and DR's
His driving skills are sick The thing that pisses me off the most is that it doesn't matter what car or what tires - he just rips off consistently fast times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama

Tal is right on both accounts:
EuroTeck for the diffuser
DCT for the steering wheel
Old 08-27-2010, 04:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
Awesome cars! Could you go into a little more detail on the E55 vs Sl600 driving feel? Like in the throttle response, handling, acceleration - I'd love to hear more! (I know the tune definitely changes the character from stock)
Old 08-27-2010, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Great cars.... the V12 is an absolutely an amazing experience
Old 08-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
A tuned V12biturbo is just straight up nasty! I remember my first time in Jasons car. It felt like my eyeballs sunk into their sockets!
You should be used to that by now in your CLK. LOL!