Sponsored by:

Body Repair Issues?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Body Repair Issues?

It's been awhile since I've been on here since I sold my E55 and bought a 2010 Tundra. Good to see you all again!

I know this is not E55 related but I really value this forum's opinions when it comes to vehicle questions.

Unfortunately a friend of mine borrowed my Tundra and long story short, had an accident involving a wall and the right rear portion of my truck starting at the door and going back.

I picked the truck up Friday from the repair shop and everything looked OK except for some slight overspray which they immediately sanded/buffed while I waited. I finally got the vehicle home and washed up and noticed that one of the body lines on the bed of the truck is not what it used to be. It used to come down and fade just past the door handle and now it fades and stops right at the door handle.

My question is, has anyone had a similar problem to this and how did you handle it with the body shop? The problem is that I don't think it's going to be something they can easily fix. Normally I wouldn't be such a stickler about it but the fact of the matter is it's not fixed "like new" as they promised.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 c230k 6spd
Just take it back to the shop and speak with them. Tell them what you told us. You are the customer they should make you happy after all you did pay them. Did you get the guarantee in writing or anything?