W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Looking to purchase E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2010 | 10:07 PM

E55 AMG
Looking to purchase E55

Hello I'm new to the forum and I am looking to purchase a 2003-06 E55 AMG. I know this site is privy to such information so here I am posting what I'm looking for. However, if you have any tips or maybe websites to visit please let me know as I'm anxious to not only be a member of this site but also the MB USA. Thanks for your time and efforts in advance!
Old 09-07-2010 | 11:02 PM

CTS-V 2013 Wagon
I got it fellas...
Hello and welcome! On this site you will find a wealth of information. The search button is your friend as a lot of questions you might have are answered. If you are looking to buy, check out the classified section and consider a warranty because these cars aren't cheap to maintain. Best of luck in your search.
Old 09-07-2010 | 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63
Buy one, DOOOO ITTTTTT
Old 09-08-2010 | 08:21 AM

2005 E55
Heaven on Wheels

Join the family of owners who love that Torque! Get a warranty and find a good service center.
Old 09-08-2010 | 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by Hotrod-Realtor
I got it fellas...
Hello and welcome! On this site you will find a wealth of information. The search button is your friend as a lot of questions you might have are answered. If you are looking to buy, check out the classified section and consider a warranty because these cars aren't cheap to maintain. Best of luck in your search.

OP - welcome to the board. Hopefully we can help you find the beast of your dreams. What options, color and $$ are you looking for? The more info you provide can help us help you find what your after.
Old 09-08-2010 | 11:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Welcome and enjoy in good health! All serious stuff aside, it will bring a smile to your face from day 1 to the day you drop it off.
Old 09-08-2010 | 03:29 PM

2006 E55
Believe it or not, I bought my E55 from Ebay. E55s are not a dime a dozen. It's hard to find exactly what you want locally and I live in a pretty big Metro in Atlanta.
Old 09-08-2010 | 07:47 PM

E55 AMG
Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback and suggestions! I personally dont care care how far away the car is as long as it can get me back to where I'm going with no problems. I'm looking for a daily driver. I may purchase another car to beat around to preserve the life and miles of the E55. I am concerned as to the cost of ownership. Has anyone had to pay alot for repairs? If so, what were they? Thanks again for the warm welcome!
Old 09-09-2010 | 03:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Originally Posted by cvenable
Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback and suggestions! I personally dont care care how far away the car is as long as it can get me back to where I'm going with no problems. I'm looking for a daily driver. I may purchase another car to beat around to preserve the life and miles of the E55. I am concerned as to the cost of ownership. Has anyone had to pay alot for repairs? If so, what were they? Thanks again for the warm welcome!
You are justified to be concerned with the cost of ownership. It's been a general rule of thumb advised here to have at least 8-10k in bank money for various costs of repairs, maintenance, what have you. That doesn't mean to say that these cars aren't reliable, it just means to say that you are buying what was once a $80-$90k car and just because it's a fraction of the cost today doesn't mean it cost a fraction of the cost to own and maintain. It's becoming harder to find a decent aftermarket warranty for these cars so do your research on one of those as well. For around $4500-$5000 I would think you can find something out there that will cover all the goods. I hear fidelity is a decent company now too.

Biggest repair items on the E55k are the airmatic suspension (yes it will fail sometime lol), the supercharger clutch, the fuel tank leaking, the crank position sensor (which is a very easy and cheap DIY) and the one that gets everyone at some point - The ****** intercooler pump. Other little stupid nic-nacky stuff with happen which is where an aftermarket warranty will help greatly cover the costs of expensive electronic gadgetry.

Just try to find something with all the service records and keep up on maintenance and you'll enjoy the **** out of these cars