Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63, 2006 C55
RE: ECU/TCU Tune

Benzo,

Most interesting and detailed posting.

My SL600 ended up with your exact Eurocharged tune. When it was initially tuned, they used a tune from a dyno run which supposedly had a bit more torque. Suffice it to say that the initial tune was not fully sorted out, and IMHO was putting out too much torque for the stock TCU at times as well as a few other minor drivability issues. I sent my ECU off to Jerry in July, got flashed with your tune, and my car has run perfectly since. For what it's worth, I've never been able to do WOT from a dig with this tune, once the turbos kick in in 1st I get the orange triangle big time. I've learned to work the go pedal pretty well though, and am running very consistently from a dig.

Am I interested in a combined ECU/TCU combo....better refined....for this platform? Quite possibly.

Very interested in your 9-17 results but also your real world street drivability observations after putting a few miles on this combo.

Please keep us posted and good luck getting that record.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Cant wait to see what it does! Get there early and pray for no rain!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Clayton,
You're a class act man! No bashing, no nut swinging, just lots of experience and research working towards a documented, real world goal with a car you can literally drive from the entrance gate to the lights.

That record is yours.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Good luck Benz-O-rama

And here is a prayer for everyone else that you get good weather on the 17th

Last edited by MRAMG1; 09-14-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by NCE500
Benzo,

Most interesting and detailed posting.

My SL600 ended up with your exact Eurocharged tune. When it was initially tuned, they used a tune from a dyno run which supposedly had a bit more torque. Suffice it to say that the initial tune was not fully sorted out, and IMHO was putting out too much torque for the stock TCU at times as well as a few other minor drivability issues. I sent my ECU off to Jerry in July, got flashed with your tune, and my car has run perfectly since. For what it's worth, I've never been able to do WOT from a dig with this tune, once the turbos kick in in 1st I get the orange triangle big time. I've learned to work the go pedal pretty well though, and am running very consistently from a dig.

Am I interested in a combined ECU/TCU combo....better refined....for this platform? Quite possibly.

Very interested in your 9-17 results but also your real world street drivability observations after putting a few miles on this combo.

Please keep us posted and good luck getting that record.
Thanks E. That E/C tune has brought me joy and opened some eyes on the street, that's for sure. I also had to have Jerry detune my original file as it was pushing too much torque. That's why I always say that I was running a slightly detuned flavor of their shelf tune. With the new Speedriven TCU, I no longer have to worry about those pesky torque limiters.

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Cant wait to see what it does! Get there early and pray for no rain!!!
I did a "no rain" dance last night in my underwear in my backyard. My neighbors are certainly concerned about me.

Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Clayton,
You're a class act man! No bashing, no nut swinging, just lots of experience and research working towards a documented, real world goal with a car you can literally drive from the entrance gate to the lights.

That record is yours.
Thanks B. I think I'll eventually squeak past Joe Curry's record, but probably not this Friday. I just don't think we'll have the air for it. I'll most likely have to do some cooling mods so the car doesn't pull timing up top. Should be interesting on Friday though. I'm curious to see how the car does.

Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Good luck Benz-O-rama

And his a prayer for everyone else that you get good weather on the 17th
Thanks!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:55 AM

Supra
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Hey Jay, how are you liking your Speedriven ECU/TCU? Can you elaborate on how your car feels, (before and after) for comparison? For me, most of the difference is in the upper RPMs, at full boost. My Eurocharged tune felt a bit stronger off boost, but ran out of breath up top. The new tune, feels milder down low, but pulls like a freight train in full boost. But when it shifts, I get a more linear power delivery. Before the TCU tune, power would dip, right after it shifted. I can assume that was the torque management in the TCU begging for mercy.
Well, sadly (sadly??) I didn't have my S65 very long, maybe 4 weeks, before getting the Speedriven ECU/TCU. However, I absolutely agree about the top end. When it's in full boost it's like warp speed...absolutely charging down the road. I have yet to feel the car run out breath. Don't get me wrong, it will still destroy the tire @ WOT down low - but the top end...frightening.

John @ Broadway Performance has driven a number of stock and ECU tune only 600's and 65's and he also confirms that there is no dip after shifts - car just keeps on pulling during shifts. Stock, there was always a slight lag from the stock TCU.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Glad everybody's enjoying Marcin's TCU!!! I knew she felt unchained after I installed mine... Cooling mods/DP's will really open her up. Good Luck Fri Clay! I'm certain you'll shred previous Trap speed by @ least 3+mph

Considering we now know where the ORIGINAL Jerry Rigged ECU came from Fukin guys mang

Last edited by Thericker; 09-14-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
And here is a prayer for everyone else that you get good weather on the 17th
I did a "no rain" dance last night in my underwear in my backyard. My neighbors are certainly concerned about me.
Whatever you guys did seems to be workin! They changed the forecast. Keep it up!!! Haha
Old 09-14-2010, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Thericker
Glad everybody's enjoying Marcin's TCU!!! I knew she felt unchained after I installed mine... Cooling mods/DP's will really open her up. Good Luck Fri Clay! I'm certain you'll shred previous Trap speed by @ least 3+mph

Considering we now know where the ORIGINAL Jerry Rigged ECU came from Fukin guys mang
Thanks Sean.

Definitely loving the TCU. Had you not gotten it, and logged some miles on it, I probably wouldn't have gotten it. It's so nice not to have that little dip in power right after the car shifts. It never stops pulling. Ever. If I continue modding, I'll probably go with cooling mods. Not sure how much more I want to mess with the exhaust. I know I'll shed weight by getting rid of those beer keg sized cats, but that's down the road a bit.

As for the other part. I leave that one alone.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 09-14-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Thanks Sean.

Definitely loving the TCU. Had you not gotten it, and logged some miles on it, I probably wouldn't have gotten it. It's so nice not to have that little dip in power right after the car shifts. It never stops pulling. Ever. If I continue modding, I'll probably go with cooling mods. Not sure how much more I want to mess with the exhaust. I know I'll shed weight by getting rid of those beer keg sized cats, but that's down the road a bit.

Understood
Old 09-18-2010, 11:05 AM

Supra
Thanks Sean.

How'd ya run on Friday?
Old 09-18-2010, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
I learned my lesson from Sean.. but our tuner rocks...

'04 E55 AMG - Trunk Spoiler /Jeremy Dyno-Tune
Old 09-18-2010, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Philly Single
How'd ya run on Friday?

Not that great. Mid 80* temps does horrible things to these V12TTs. I ran consistent 11.7x @117 all damn day. Then I had Jeremy tweak my ECU and the car dipped into the 11.6s@119.

The TCU tune felt great. No loss in power right after the shift, just as advertised. I just needed a bit more aggressive ECU to get back to my normal 119MPH. Car needs a custom dyno tune, I believe. After that, and with some luck in the D/A dept, I should be able to get close to that 11.25 record. My 11.40, was in remarkable D/A (temp was in the 40's), so I'll need to run in those temps, at MIR to have a shot at it.

If we can't do it this season, I'll start looking into some cooling mods.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:29 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
'09 CLK550, '21 Camaro ZL1 1LE, '06 C55 AMG, '20 AMG GT53
Cool deal with the 11.6@119....did your 60' stay in the 1.80 range? Nice tweak with the ECU as a solid tenth and 2mph isn't shabby at all....especially with 93 octane. If you kept tweaking, I would be that you would run out of room due to a lack of octane. Also remember that the 11.25 record had a low 1.6 60' so you have .2 right there...probably more. Just don't do like me and start breaking stuff... I will get my car right eventually...I promise.