Keyless not go.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
Keyless not go.....

So, say you only one fob when you got your car and just never remembered to buy another one when you were at the dealer. Then you seem to have dropped your one out of your truck somewhere to either be hiding or not returned as of yet. Is there a way to put the car in neutral without the fob..? I'd rather flatbed it to the dealer myself, plus I'm not sure a tow will even fit in my garage...Suck and I'm a moron for forgetting this whole time
Old 09-14-2010, 06:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
05 e55
I don't think you need to take it to the dealer... When I purchased my 55, there was only 1 keyfob and I worked it in the deal to get a second key... They called the dealer with the VIN and the dealer cut, programmed, and shipped the key ready to go.. Works like a charm and has since been the main key I use since it's one of the newer chrome ones... You just have to show the dealership proof that you own the vehicle and the rest should be all good...
Old 09-14-2010, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63, 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi
Hmmm interesting...I guess the parts guy I talked to might not have known for sure...The good news is I found it wedged under the rear shelf in my truck, so it must have been all the way under last night...Never would've seen it if it hadn't slid a little way out PHEW...