MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W211 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg-81/)
-   -   E63 Picture Thread (https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/368750-e63-picture-thread.html)

Meeyatch1 12-27-2013 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by c32_amg (Post 5887192)

Very nice! Where is that? It looks much warmer than here! :)

HeissRod 12-27-2013 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1 (Post 5886017)

Awesome pic :y

c32_amg 12-27-2013 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1 (Post 5887210)
Very nice! Where is that? It looks much warmer than here! :)

Scotland UK

Trust me it's not that warm right now, pic was taken in summer

I'v never seen another tenorite grey E63 ever

hyperion667 12-27-2013 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by HeissRod (Post 5887249)

+1

infantry 12-29-2013 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667 (Post 5887566)
+1

Gives me chills!

Meeyatch1 01-03-2014 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by HeissRod (Post 5887249)

Thank you! It was freaking cold! Normal Canadian winter day. LOL!

E63Lover 01-10-2014 06:52 PM

Few pics of my E63...

6 Attachment(s)
:zoom:

Meeyatch1 01-11-2014 04:25 PM

Love those wheels! What are they?

Redw20855amg 01-12-2014 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1 (Post 5886025)
Very nice! I like the stance of that with the lip and larger wheels.

What are you doing with the 63 in Canada? LOL What tire do you run up there?
-Indiana :y

E63Lover 01-12-2014 01:33 PM

These are HRE 839R Series
Front: 20x9.5 (245/30/20)
Rear: 20x10.5 (285/25/20)

Meeyatch1 01-13-2014 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Redw20855amg (Post 5904641)

We go up there a lot for family visits, and I put on the winter wheels and tires, which are Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 tires, which are AWESOME in the snow and ice. :y

Meeyatch1 06-13-2014 11:12 PM

Any new stuff?

Meeyatch1 06-13-2014 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Redw20855amg (Post 5904641)

Bridgestone Blizzak tires make the car unstoppable. Seriously. The car is totally transformed with them on there.

c32_amg 06-14-2014 09:40 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's mine with new wheels

Attachment 402462
Attachment 402463
Attachment 402464
Attachment 402465

TTR 06-14-2014 01:56 PM

Oops didn't realize there was a E63 thread on top of the E55 thread. Here's mine. :)

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...89834134_n.jpg

stvbreal 06-16-2014 09:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
First Merc, fist post.

I came from the moded Evo arena needing just a bit more than what Mitsu could offer. Couldn't be happier with this beast. Just picked her up on Saturday. Gotta say I wasn't too sure about the color looking at the pictures online but in person, oh yeah. Also gotta love the 60+ year old one owner and no curb rash on the wheels. :-P Got a flush AMG badge to replace the tall one and need to tint those windows, and remove the front license plate\dealer crud.

Attachment 402378

Attachment 402379

SheriffDep 06-19-2014 08:48 PM

Thought I would join this thread with some of the pictures that I have taken. 66 Hour Full Paint Correction was done to achieve the flawless Black Paint.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/820/pjhf.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/823/ib9u.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/819/01po.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/856/uk2w.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/842/h5425.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/820/6sfj.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/849/ty7i.jpg

HeissRod 06-19-2014 11:20 PM

Beautiful! How much did the paint correction run you?

Gearhead888 06-20-2014 09:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Keeping the 63'ing rolling…
Attachment 402116
Attachment 402117

SheriffDep 06-20-2014 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by HeissRod (Post 6078689)
Beautiful! How much did the paint correction run you?

I know this is long, but good information for high end cars------

The car had a complete correction. (Bought Used and was a car wash queen)This will give you a total rundown of what a total correction should include inside and out. It is a lot of work, but since this is mine I did go overboard to make it as perfect as possible. 20 hours probably were for nit picking things that a customer would never see or care about. Some scratches are not worth removing or trying if its not your car. Mistakes can happen, so a good detailer knows when to not try, and explain that in detail so the customer knows why. If they don't go over the car and make comments of things over their ability, or things that cannot be removed, please seek out someone else to do the work. Professionals charge appropriately for this high end type of work. This would have cost 1250-1500 plus the Glass coating work of 400. ( Interior 400, Exterior 850-1100, Glass coatings 400) If someone is way below these prices start asking questions. I did a BMW 750Li total similar but not as many hours and no glass coat, for 800 total, so cheaper is not bad, but does give indications of quality of work) Just be careful when getting this done. The guy is removing layers of Clear Coat to make it right, and without it being professionally done, (very few are professional correctors), more Clear Coat than what is absolutely necessary could be taken off which is really bad. Always ask if they have a Paint Depth Gauge, if they do and use it, get the numbers first and ask them to explain them. Then you will know if they are professional.

Prepped by washing w/ Chemical Guys Citrus Wash (strips all sealants off, clean surface, along w/ P21S Total Auto Wash. (approximately 1 hour) Clay Bar was used after the vehicle was washed.

Each Wheel was removed and totally cleaned w/ P21s Wheel Cleaner inside and out, wheel wells were scrubbed perfect and all suspension parts individually cleaned with various products. (approximately 2 hours) (immediately found a split by the inside of a rim on the tire, could have been a bad situation, especially being right after the purchase, we all hammer the cars when we first get them)

Plastic in wheel wheels were treated w/ Opti-Seal Paint Sealant (OS), found out this sealant keeps the black color the longest, so I use it on all black plastic parts. Exterior plastic was also done at the same time. (approximately 1.5 hours)

Wheels were treated w' 22PLE Glass Coating inside and outer sides (no further chemicals for cleaning, just soap and water from now on) 1 hour

Engine and under hood was scrubbed with P21s and a Boars Hair brush. Then dressed with the OS paint Sealant, under hood also. 1 hour

Interior was vacuumed wiped down with Meguiar's Interior Cleaner. Leather Surfaces were treated with Leatherique 2 stage process (approximately 1 hour application, 30 hours soaking, 2 hours second step removal) Then other surfaces were treated with Meguiar's Interior Detailer non gloss. All Wood surfaces were taped off or taken out then buffed with Menzerna SF4500 with a Griots Garage 3"(GG) and a finishing pad. Glass Coated w/ 22PLE glass coating. (total 4 hours)

Outer Glass surfaces were prepped by using a Glass polish w/ the GG. Panorama Roof not done (scratches and not real glass) was only cleaned with glass cleaner. They were both then coated w/ GTechniq g1 Clear Vision Smart Glass coating. (approximately 1 hour)

Paint was inspected and measured with a paint gauge. Determined a few scratches were not worth trying to remove and taped those off, then taped all trim and rubber sections along doors. Noticed that the Bumpers were so heavily swirled and the rockers on both sides were fading, that it wasn't worth the time or effort to correct, they are better off being re-painted. I have a friend who does that for me, excellent work but inexpensive financially. cheaper for me to have re- painted than to do the work. Also allows me to clean the areas under those spots. (Found out that a Maserati Quattroporte had actually been in a wreck by seeing under the bumper covers for a customer) (approximately 2 hours)

Step 1- Cutting - Rotary Buffer w/ Heavy Cutting pad Menzerna FG400 for lower doors (approximately 3 hours)

Step 2- Cutting - Flex 3401 DA (setting 4-6) w/ Meguiar's D300 on Microfiber Cutting pad, used LC Hydro Orange Cutting pads also. Couple small sections were done with a Griot's Garage 3" DA buffer (also used Menzerna SF4000 with the cutting pads for some lighter marring)(different pads work differently on separate panels)(used 4-5 pads ea for the whole car, 1 pad to 1.5 panels)(washable to those who don't know) (approximately 15-20 hours)

Step 3- Polishing - Flex 3401 DA (setting 3-4) w/ Meguiar's Microfiber Finishing pads and LC Hydro Cyan Finishing Pads. Menzerna SF4000 Polish for removing the light marring from the cutting process. Couple small sections were done with a Griot's Garage 3" DA buffer, 4-5 pads for the whole vehicle. (clean pads work best) (approximately 8 hours)

Step 4- Polishing - Flex 3401 DA (setting 2) w/ LC Black non cut Finishing Pad, Menzerna SF4500, Jeweled the paint to perfection, well as much as possible, most panels came out perfect, but not all scratches were removed. ( 3 hours) Door Jambs were hand polished and then coated with the 22ple when that process was done.

Step 5- Cleaned vehicle with the P21s Total Auto Wash to remove all oils and any residue left over from the polishing process. Inspected paint to make sure all issues were taken care of. Most marring or swirls (80%) are created by the drying process. Microfiber towels, specifically for drying should be used, but I don't!!! I use a Master Blaster Blower to dry the vehicles so I don't add any marring or scratches in the drying process. ($75 autogeek) (Takes 15 extra min) 1 hour

Step 6- (extra step not necessarily needed) Primed w/ Modesta PO1-A glass coating primer. (chemical make-up of primer is same silica resin so works in conduction (it is measurable and does increase gloss levels, even if only slightly)
Removed primer and let cure for 3 hours (took 1 hours to apply w/ GG 3" using a finishing polish pad and remove)

Step 7- 22PLE Glass Coating to top the primer. Applied with cut up foam pad and removed w/ microfiber cloths. Remember, always throw away microfiber cloths after removing any type of semi permanent or permanent coatings. 1 hour with a 48 hour cure time.

Step 8- Polish Angel Liquid Carnuba Wax under the Esoteric Label to top off the Glass Coating. These two products work together to increase gloss levels and create depth to the gloss. It is not needed, but since its my car I did it anyway. Carnuba wax only lasts approximately 3 weeks pending weather, hotter it is the less it lasts. The glass coating lasts 1 year +. easy to top. (approximately 1 hours to apply and remove with plush microfiber cloths)

I DO NOT use any types of Detail spay or Spray Wax after this process. These add layers to the coatings which I do not want. When out of town and washing, I use a wool mitt at a self car wash and Chemical Guys MR. Pink soap. I dry it with a drying microfiber cloth AND AMMO Hydro Paint Moisturizer which I have found is a must. Best product I have ever used, but not cheap.

Most any products that are able to be purchased locally are not what should be used. Several places on the net. have what should be used, and that does not mean necessarily more. Learning what or how to do the work can be found on AMMONYC.com website. Larry has many walkthrough video's that will explain each step and various tools. He does NOT push his products, so its not a sales video like most out there are. That is why I will give that info out. His products are top notch though, so if you purchase them you will get the desired results.

Microfiber products are a must through the process. Suggestion--- purchase two packs of Microfiber towels from Home Depot, white and orange ones for the polishing removal process. The blue ones can be bought for cleaning really dirty areas and then thrown out. I use plush ones for wax removal and dusting (damp and with the AMMO moisturizer. Make sure all washings are done with a GOOD Wool Mitt and the two bucket method is religiously used. Wipe from the top down.

Hope this helps out some forum members, I know this was long but it was thorough. Car took a total of 55 hours to accomplish. Any questions PM me. Thanks

Duc1098E500 06-21-2014 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by SheriffDep (Post 6079688)
I know this is long, but good information for high end cars------

The car had a complete correction. (Bought Used and was a car wash queen)This will give you a total rundown of what a total correction should include inside and out. It is a lot of work, but since this is mine I did go overboard to make it as perfect as possible. 20 hours probably were for nit picking things that a customer would never see or care about. Some scratches are not worth removing or trying if its not your car. Mistakes can happen, so a good detailer knows when to not try, and explain that in detail so the customer knows why. If they don't go over the car and make comments of things over their ability, or things that cannot be removed, please seek out someone else to do the work. Professionals charge appropriately for this high end type of work. This would have cost 1250-1500 plus the Glass coating work of 400. ( Interior 400, Exterior 850-1100, Glass coatings 400) If someone is way below these prices start asking questions. I did a BMW 750Li total similar but not as many hours and no glass coat, for 800 total, so cheaper is not bad, but does give indications of quality of work) Just be careful when getting this done. The guy is removing layers of Clear Coat to make it right, and without it being professionally done, (very few are professional correctors), more Clear Coat than what is absolutely necessary could be taken off which is really bad. Always ask if they have a Paint Depth Gauge, if they do and use it, get the numbers first and ask them to explain them. Then you will know if they are professional.

Prepped by washing w/ Chemical Guys Citrus Wash (strips all sealants off, clean surface, along w/ P21S Total Auto Wash. (approximately 1 hour) Clay Bar was used after the vehicle was washed.

Each Wheel was removed and totally cleaned w/ P21s Wheel Cleaner inside and out, wheel wells were scrubbed perfect and all suspension parts individually cleaned with various products. (approximately 2 hours) (immediately found a split by the inside of a rim on the tire, could have been a bad situation, especially being right after the purchase, we all hammer the cars when we first get them)

Plastic in wheel wheels were treated w/ Opti-Seal Paint Sealant (OS), found out this sealant keeps the black color the longest, so I use it on all black plastic parts. Exterior plastic was also done at the same time. (approximately 1.5 hours)

Wheels were treated w' 22PLE Glass Coating inside and outer sides (no further chemicals for cleaning, just soap and water from now on) 1 hour

Engine and under hood was scrubbed with P21s and a Boars Hair brush. Then dressed with the OS paint Sealant, under hood also. 1 hour

Interior was vacuumed wiped down with Meguiar's Interior Cleaner. Leather Surfaces were treated with Leatherique 2 stage process (approximately 1 hour application, 30 hours soaking, 2 hours second step removal) Then other surfaces were treated with Meguiar's Interior Detailer non gloss. All Wood surfaces were taped off or taken out then buffed with Menzerna SF4500 with a Griots Garage 3"(GG) and a finishing pad. Glass Coated w/ 22PLE glass coating. (total 4 hours)

Outer Glass surfaces were prepped by using a Glass polish w/ the GG. Panorama Roof not done (scratches and not real glass) was only cleaned with glass cleaner. They were both then coated w/ GTechniq g1 Clear Vision Smart Glass coating. (approximately 1 hour)

Paint was inspected and measured with a paint gauge. Determined a few scratches were not worth trying to remove and taped those off, then taped all trim and rubber sections along doors. Noticed that the Bumpers were so heavily swirled and the rockers on both sides were fading, that it wasn't worth the time or effort to correct, they are better off being re-painted. I have a friend who does that for me, excellent work but inexpensive financially. cheaper for me to have re- painted than to do the work. Also allows me to clean the areas under those spots. (Found out that a Maserati Quattroporte had actually been in a wreck by seeing under the bumper covers for a customer) (approximately 2 hours)

Step 1- Cutting - Rotary Buffer w/ Heavy Cutting pad Menzerna FG400 for lower doors (approximately 3 hours)

Step 2- Cutting - Flex 3401 DA (setting 4-6) w/ Meguiar's D300 on Microfiber Cutting pad, used LC Hydro Orange Cutting pads also. Couple small sections were done with a Griot's Garage 3" DA buffer (also used Menzerna SF4000 with the cutting pads for some lighter marring)(different pads work differently on separate panels)(used 4-5 pads ea for the whole car, 1 pad to 1.5 panels)(washable to those who don't know) (approximately 15-20 hours)

Step 3- Polishing - Flex 3401 DA (setting 3-4) w/ Meguiar's Microfiber Finishing pads and LC Hydro Cyan Finishing Pads. Menzerna SF4000 Polish for removing the light marring from the cutting process. Couple small sections were done with a Griot's Garage 3" DA buffer, 4-5 pads for the whole vehicle. (clean pads work best) (approximately 8 hours)

Step 4- Polishing - Flex 3401 DA (setting 2) w/ LC Black non cut Finishing Pad, Menzerna SF4500, Jeweled the paint to perfection, well as much as possible, most panels came out perfect, but not all scratches were removed. ( 3 hours) Door Jambs were hand polished and then coated with the 22ple when that process was done.

Step 5- Cleaned vehicle with the P21s Total Auto Wash to remove all oils and any residue left over from the polishing process. Inspected paint to make sure all issues were taken care of. Most marring or swirls (80%) are created by the drying process. Microfiber towels, specifically for drying should be used, but I don't!!! I use a Master Blaster Blower to dry the vehicles so I don't add any marring or scratches in the drying process. ($75 autogeek) (Takes 15 extra min) 1 hour

Step 6- (extra step not necessarily needed) Primed w/ Modesta PO1-A glass coating primer. (chemical make-up of primer is same silica resin so works in conduction (it is measurable and does increase gloss levels, even if only slightly)
Removed primer and let cure for 3 hours (took 1 hours to apply w/ GG 3" using a finishing polish pad and remove)

Step 7- 22PLE Glass Coating to top the primer. Applied with cut up foam pad and removed w/ microfiber cloths. Remember, always throw away microfiber cloths after removing any type of semi permanent or permanent coatings. 1 hour with a 48 hour cure time.

Step 8- Polish Angel Liquid Carnuba Wax under the Esoteric Label to top off the Glass Coating. These two products work together to increase gloss levels and create depth to the gloss. It is not needed, but since its my car I did it anyway. Carnuba wax only lasts approximately 3 weeks pending weather, hotter it is the less it lasts. The glass coating lasts 1 year +. easy to top. (approximately 1 hours to apply and remove with plush microfiber cloths)

I DO NOT use any types of Detail spay or Spray Wax after this process. These add layers to the coatings which I do not want. When out of town and washing, I use a wool mitt at a self car wash and Chemical Guys MR. Pink soap. I dry it with a drying microfiber cloth AND AMMO Hydro Paint Moisturizer which I have found is a must. Best product I have ever used, but not cheap.

Most any products that are able to be purchased locally are not what should be used. Several places on the net. have what should be used, and that does not mean necessarily more. Learning what or how to do the work can be found on AMMONYC.com website. Larry has many walkthrough video's that will explain each step and various tools. He does NOT push his products, so its not a sales video like most out there are. That is why I will give that info out. His products are top notch though, so if you purchase them you will get the desired results.

Microfiber products are a must through the process. Suggestion--- purchase two packs of Microfiber towels from Home Depot, white and orange ones for the polishing removal process. The blue ones can be bought for cleaning really dirty areas and then thrown out. I use plush ones for wax removal and dusting (damp and with the AMMO moisturizer. Make sure all washings are done with a GOOD Wool Mitt and the two bucket method is religiously used. Wipe from the top down.

Hope this helps out some forum members, I know this was long but it was thorough. Car took a total of 55 hours to accomplish. Any questions PM me. Thanks

Great write up! Almost the same process as me except the cleaning of wheels and inner fender wells as I never tried.

HeissRod 06-21-2014 06:22 PM

Awesome information!

Meeyatch1 06-23-2014 05:04 PM

SherrifDep....your car looks amazing. How many miles are on it?

TTR 06-23-2014 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1 (Post 6072962)
Bridgestone Blizzak tires make the car unstoppable. Seriously. The car is totally transformed with them on there.

Yup same here, have Blizzak's on my cars as well.

SheriffDep 06-23-2014 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1 (Post 6081946)
SherrifDep....your car looks amazing. How many miles are on it?

I do this with every car I get, turn them into better than when new. The pic below turned my QP into way better than new also. Just takes time and energy and I guess some skill.

Bought it with 69k in Feb, got the last extended warranty a company offered for AMG's. By 73k the conductor plate needed to be replaced and was done on that warranty. At the same time the Pano roof motor went on the blink too.

Got 78k on her now, and she runs absolutely perfect, but thinking on selling for a AM. Not sure what I want to do. I love it and would like to keep it, but not sure if I want two 500hp cars at the same time. My issue is before I know it, it will have 100k+ and then do I keep it for a long time, or just move to a 40k miles car, since I will have a true garage queen also. But here is two pics of the QPhttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/844/dydp.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/36/7fmz.jpg
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/12/3lin.jpg