W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prepare for wood! ULTRA rare black CLK GTR for sale!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 Mercedes c230, 97 Saleen s281 #111
I can't look at these pictures and wear sweat pants!!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

bottom line: respect something/anything for what it is.

nobody cares how good looking something is without substance, unless money is no object and you dont live on planet earth.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by Nait Sirhc
Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong car, but didn't the CLK-GTR & LM blow up in almost every race they were in? (and won the races where it DIDN'T blow up)
It was the LM that had engine failure issues and only at Le Mans. It was the version that came after the GTR and was first built specifically for Le Mans (LM.) The GTR was the king of FIA GT before that. They used a V8 in the CLK-LM for Le Mans (instead of the GTR's V12) and both entries blew up. Then they later built the CLR for Le Mans but the aerodynamics didn't work and Mark Webber flipped his CLR (called "The Flying Mercedes of Le Mans" lol.) Their other Le Mans driver also went airborne in the second CLR. That immediately killed the CLR program.

But going back into FIA GT after the try at Le Mans, the LM became a big winner (replacing the GTR.) So the only time any motors blew up were at Le Mans, and nowhere else. Everywhere else they dominated all the competition.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
Boy are you guys judgmental! Is this supposed to be like beer goggles at a bar (the more alcohol you drink at a bar the better even the ugliest woman/man looks). Just because I don't like the looks of the car, doesn't mean that I don't respect it for what it is! However, it certainly doesn't give me wood in any way/shape/form. The Subaru WRXs win a hell of a lot of Rally races; however, they certainly don't give me wood either! The OP posted this for all of us here at MB World to see and comment on. I understand that he, as well as others, like this car for everything it is, and some because of it's looks. To me, I don't like the LOOKS of the car. As I stated numerous times, to me, it looks like a 12-year-old was taking a CAD class and wanted to design a widebody kit for his daddies CLK... That is my opinion... You don't have to share it. I have never once commented about being a racing enthusiast or not... I understand what this car stands for and that is awesome! Doesn't mean I like the looks of the car!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by 06E55
Boy are you guys judgmental! Is this supposed to be like beer goggles at a bar (the more alcohol you drink at a bar the better even the ugliest woman/man looks). Just because I don't like the looks of the car, doesn't mean that I don't respect it for what it is! However, it certainly doesn't give me wood in any way/shape/form. The Subaru WRXs win a hell of a lot of Rally races; however, they certainly don't give me wood either! The OP posted this for all of us here at MB World to see and comment on. I understand that he, as well as others, like this car for everything it is, and some because of it's looks. To me, I don't like the LOOKS of the car. As I stated numerous times, to me, it looks like a 12-year-old was taking a CAD class and wanted to design a widebody kit for his daddies CLK... That is my opinion... You don't have to share it. I have never once commented about being a racing enthusiast or not... I understand what this car stands for and that is awesome! Doesn't mean I like the looks of the car!
Honestly, I'm just happy to finally know what "beer goggles" means.

In any event, styling on a car is one of the most subjective things possible. I get that you don't like the CLK-GTR's looks - while I don't agree with you... that's fair, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion. As mentioned earlier, however, calling it a "piece of crap" is a bit bizarre - it's arguably the most highly engineered car ever developed by MB or AMG (outside of F1 of course). Take a couple minutes and go through the Wiki page on the CLK-GTR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_CLK_GTR - it may give you a newfound respect for the vehicle (even if you don't like the styling).

And, I may be wrong, but I don't think the "wood" reference was to be taken literally.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
The true race car version of this is beautiful; however, this car (the road car version) is still ugly!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:55 AM

1989 Toyota Tercel Coupé
The true race car version of this is beautiful; however, this car (the road car version) is still ugly!!!
Please shut up.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Then they later built the CLR for Le Mans but the aerodynamics didn't work and Mark Webber flipped his CLR (called "The Flying Mercedes of Le Mans" lol.)
I always wondered the story behind this video!

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXZaA...eature=related
Old 09-29-2010, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by way2evil
Please shut up.
Why don't you!
Old 09-29-2010, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
I always wondered the story behind this video!

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXZaA...eature=related
Somebody mixed up that crash with Webber's comments. That crash was Peter Dumbreck's flip that happened after Webber's second flip (the first was in qualifying and then he did it again during warm ups.) Dumbreck's was the 3rd LM airborne crash; and the last car still left car was immediately retired from the race. That's how it got the "Flying Mercedes" name at the '99 Le Mans.

Here's Dumbreck's flip (without Webber's comments):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqGq9...eature=related

And here's Webber's flip (you don't see the crash, but just after it happened; it's at 2:34 in the vid): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TSzQ...eature=related

Last edited by 220S; 09-29-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
Hey, I wonder if it has heated seats?

Ha, just kidding - what an amazing car. Must be an absolute blast to drive. It'd be nice if Mercedes had its top of the line AMG's, like the SLR, SLS, etc - look a bit more like this. That'd be awesome - Porsche did it with the Carrera GT, and I see a few similarities between that and this GTR.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
To: 06E55
From: Us (please feel free to include, or exclude yourself from this missive)

Since you have decided that you cannot let the rest of us enjoy this particular thread, I thought it would be appropriate to let you know why your comments have been received the way they have.

Each society has rules that dictate the way people interact with each other. Sometimes these rules exist for purposes of comfort, and other times for safety, but at all times they are there to assist people in having productive and meaningful interactions. In person words are accompanied by vocal inflection, facial features, and body language; this allows the other party to have a complete understanding of the intention of the other persons' words. The written word is much more subtle, and inflection is important. Inflection can be communicated with punctuation, or now with emoticons.

Let's analyze the first exchange.

Sorry. Just don't like it. Looks like some car body kit designer got the go-ahead to produce a widebody CLK kit... I know it isn't designed to be an everyday driver, but getting into that thing must suck! You have about a foot of leather on each side that you have to step over/side across just to get to the seat... I'll take a Bugatti over this any day!

Nothing wrong here, just you stating your opinion. Now for the reply...

Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
This car is a legend...its not supposed to be comfortable. It is more of an Icon in the racing (FIA/ Lemans class). The Bugatti wouldn't hold a candle to at the track or in accomplishments.

Hold on! What is that at the end?It looks like... yes it IS a smiley face! This was V12Godspeed attempting to defend his position without being rude or unkind, that is why he used the "Smilie Emoticon". Your reaction?

Regardless, I still don't like it... Legendary or not...

Of course it digressed from there. I made another comment, and posted a video of Tom Cruise demonstrating his lack of driving ability, and you came back continuing your impression of a Douchebag.

Maybe you weren't aware, but this is a Mercedes Benz forum, not a Bugatti Veyron forum. If you can't figure out what the proper next move for you is, then please just leave it alone (BTW, that would be one of the proper next moves)
Old 09-29-2010, 06:22 PM
c43amgedmonton1

shut up.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mskembo
To: 06E55
From: Us (please feel free to include, or exclude yourself from this missive)

Since you have decided that you cannot let the rest of us enjoy this particular thread, I thought it would be appropriate to let you know why your comments have been received the way they have.

Each society has rules that dictate the way people interact with each other. Sometimes these rules exist for purposes of comfort, and other times for safety, but at all times they are there to assist people in having productive and meaningful interactions. In person words are accompanied by vocal inflection, facial features, and body language; this allows the other party to have a complete understanding of the intention of the other persons' words. The written word is much more subtle, and inflection is important. Inflection can be communicated with punctuation, or now with emoticons.

Let's analyze the first exchange.

Sorry. Just don't like it. Looks like some car body kit designer got the go-ahead to produce a widebody CLK kit... I know it isn't designed to be an everyday driver, but getting into that thing must suck! You have about a foot of leather on each side that you have to step over/side across just to get to the seat... I'll take a Bugatti over this any day!

Nothing wrong here, just you stating your opinion. Now for the reply...

Originally Posted by V12Godspeed
This car is a legend...its not supposed to be comfortable. It is more of an Icon in the racing (FIA/ Lemans class). The Bugatti wouldn't hold a candle to at the track or in accomplishments.

Hold on! What is that at the end?It looks like... yes it IS a smiley face! This was V12Godspeed attempting to defend his position without being rude or unkind, that is why he used the "Smilie Emoticon". Your reaction?

Regardless, I still don't like it... Legendary or not...

Of course it digressed from there. I made another comment, and posted a video of Tom Cruise demonstrating his lack of driving ability, and you came back continuing your impression of a Douchebag.

Maybe you weren't aware, but this is a Mercedes Benz forum, not a Bugatti Veyron forum. If you can't figure out what the proper next move for you is, then please just leave it alone (BTW, that would be one of the proper next moves)
It's not a Bugatti Veyron forum? Holy Cow! You mean all this time I thought MBWorld meant Masterpiece Bugatti World and it doesn't! Wow, my Bugatti E55 posts have been in the wrong place!

And you mean a productive society never has anyone that doesn't disagree with someone? Wow, must be a boring and UNproductive society since a lot of progress actually comes from disagreements!

I am not stopping anyone from enjoying this thread! It's the people, like you, that are stopping it. I am entitled to my opinion, just like you. If you stop posting your BS, then maybe I would. I had said my two cents and hadn't intended on posting anything else, until douchebags like YOU continue to post this BS!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 155 Posts
SL55, S500
Look, I don't care about the racing heritage/legacy of this car! I am speaking on a cosmetic level! I don't care for the looks of the car! That is my opinion. If you like it, good for you! That is your opinion! I could care less about how many of them were made! I could care less if it could beat a Bugatti! I could care less if it could beat a Porsche Carrera GT! The fact remains, I don't like the looks of it! As I stated... To ME, it looks like a 12-year old was trying to design a widebody kit for the CLK! And I don't care how many Bugatti's were made, I would much rather have the Bugatti than this piece of crap!
Def. looks better than your E-Class and its a 9 sec car stock
Old 09-29-2010, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
sweet car...maybe jrcart will buy it
Old 09-29-2010, 08:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
It's not a Bugatti Veyron forum? Holy Cow! You mean all this time I thought MBWorld meant Masterpiece Bugatti World and it doesn't! Wow, my Bugatti E55 posts have been in the wrong place!

And you mean a productive society never has anyone that doesn't disagree with someone? Wow, must be a boring and UNproductive society since a lot of progress actually comes from disagreements!

I am not stopping anyone from enjoying this thread! It's the people, like you, that are stopping it. I am entitled to my opinion, just like you. If you stop posting your BS, then maybe I would. I had said my two cents and hadn't intended on posting anything else, until douchebags like YOU continue to post this BS!
I'd say this banter by the both of you is mildly amusing.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
I am not crazy about the cars looks myself, but I do like some of it. I however noticed that the W208 body-styled car is almost a decade old and would probably have looked amazing for a vehicle back in those days. I don't see why you're so angry at the car
Old 09-30-2010, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
It's not a Bugatti Veyron forum? Holy Cow!

I am not stopping anyone from enjoying this thread! It's the people, like you, that are stopping it.

If you stop posting your BS, then maybe I would. I had said my two cents and hadn't intended on posting anything else, until douchebags like YOU continue to post this BS!
How old are you, like 16yrs old?
Old 09-30-2010, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
Old 09-30-2010, 06:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
How old are you, like 16yrs old?
15, why does it matter?
Old 09-30-2010, 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JonMBZ
I am not crazy about the cars looks myself, but I do like some of it. I however noticed that the W208 body-styled car is almost a decade old and would probably have looked amazing for a vehicle back in those days. I don't see why you're so angry at the car
I am not "angry" at the car. I merely posted that I do not like the looks of the car... I guess some people here are offended that I don't like the looks of the car do to the racing heritage/legacy of this car. I guess they are trying to prove they are bigger racing enthusiasts than myself. Not hard to do. I have never claimed to be a racing enthusiast...
Old 09-30-2010, 07:18 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
I am not "angry" at the car. I merely posted that I do not like the looks of the car... I guess some people here are offended that I don't like the looks of the car do to the racing heritage/legacy of this car. I guess they are trying to prove they are bigger racing enthusiasts than myself. Not hard to do. I have never claimed to be a racing enthusiast...
That's the thing though, this car is all about the history and the heritage. This car was made way before the big boys of today. At the time it was super radical and even to today's standards looks

Do you know that the Zonda uses the engine from this car?
Old 09-30-2010, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 155 Posts
SL55, S500
How can anyone not like the look of it. It's like a straight guy not liking women.

It looks better than any AMG ever released
Old 09-30-2010, 12:28 PM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63

DONT get 06E55 angry, he packs a UZI.

and umm yes that car is the closest thing to a MC12

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Prepare for wood! ULTRA rare black CLK GTR for sale!