W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dare I say this: I Don't Miss the E63 that Much!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63, S550
Dare I say this: I Don't Miss the E63 that Much!

I got my new S550 last week and I haven't driven my E63 since then. Maybe it's the "new car" thing so I decided to take the E to work today. When I first got in it I felt that the inside was more cramped than usual (of course coming from the S).

The power of course was missed but not as much as I expected because the S has pretty good pick-up for a land-yacht. The AMG brakes I sorely miss, when you want to stop it immediately stops without any fuss.

After work I went to the store and parked far away. When I walked back I had an unobstructed view and the first thing I thought was that the W211 is a very handsome design that still looks fresh.

I will still have the E63 for a few more months and then I have to return it (it's a lease). For some reason I have a slight preference to driving the S. I think the S550's size and luxury has spoiled me but at least I have the E to satisfy my now infrequent need for speed.

Maybe my view will change in a couple months, but at least I had the pleasure of driving a 500+ horsepower car (not many people get to do that). They are both gorgeous cars with their own purpose and it seems like my priorities are starting to change.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Nothing wrong with the S. Great cars.

Do you have ABC?
Old 10-14-2010, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
211-55
Wait until you can't pass that granny in a Camry who's not letting you merge, then post a new thread about how much you miss the AMG. j/k..enjoy the new S class!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 Armada
My Dad has a new S550 and it is a hella nice car but not my style. I dumped my 750Li for the W211 and have not looked back. You should get yourself a S63 that way you have both of what you like.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:34 PM

E63, S550
Originally Posted by 220S
Nothing wrong with the S. Great cars.

Do you have ABC?
No I don't. It is the designo platinum black, P2, premium leather, panorama, AMG +1, night vision, power sun shades, and split-view. I've never tried the ABC so I don't know what I'm missing though I heard it is great.

Originally Posted by cahiil55k
Wait until you can't pass that granny in a Camry who's not letting you merge, then post a new thread about how much you miss the AMG. j/k..enjoy the new S class!
Thanks. My wife likes the fact that I have a 382hp car so I don't get tempted to drive aggressive Now I'm part of the herd.

Originally Posted by jayhawkblk
My Dad has a new S550 and it is a hella nice car but not my style. I dumped my 750Li for the W211 and have not looked back. You should get yourself a S63 that way you have both of what you like.
I was thinking about that but I wanted payments that were lower than my E63.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I kind of agree with you.... if you don't really track your car or go on twisty roads or high speed runs or anything like that (even if it's once a year), then it makes sense not to miss the AMG. In other words, if you don't use the "AMG part" of the car, you certainly won't miss it. That's why I try to enjoy my car on a track when I can

The S550 is a fantastic car; it is very luxurious and comfortable when you want it to be, yet is also able to move very well when you need it to, thanks to the almost 400 hp Mercedes engine stuffed under the hood .

The ABC is one of the greatest options on the S/SL/CL classes. Yes, I know it is high maintenance and very expensive to repair, but the way it holds the car down is unbelievable. I have it on my CL, and when I drove a friend's CL with airmatic, I was shocked at how much difference ABC makes. I wish they had it on the E-Class.

By the way, any chance we'll see some pictures of the new car?

Last edited by MB_Forever; 10-15-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:09 PM

2005 E55 / 2008 E63
I almost went that route when I moved from e55 to e63. The S is sweet inside and out, extra room a plus. But I could not give up the amusement park ride experience an AMG gives you daily.