Sponsored by:

(Off Topic) 2006 Maserati Gransport Spyder - need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 06:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'12 E63, E55(sold), C32 (sold), '65 Skylark GS 445 convertible, '12 ML350
(Off Topic) 2006 Maserati Gransport Spyder - need help

I'm going to check out a 2006 Maserati Gransport Spyder here in Atlanta for a friend that lives in L.A.

I don't know squat about the "gotchas" in a used Maserati or what I should look for as trouble signs (and quite frankly, all she knows is that it's pretty and she wants it).

If anyone has any idea of what to look for, it would be much appreciated!

Personally, I think she should just grab a used SL63 out there in L.A. - there's got to be a ton of them.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55 AMG, 06 Audi A8, 08 Deanali XL, 09 Harley Davidson Road King Custom
Originally Posted by pullejo
I'm going to check out a 2006 Maserati Gransport Spyder here in Atlanta for a friend that lives in L.A.

I don't know squat about the "gotchas" in a used Maserati or what I should look for as trouble signs (and quite frankly, all she knows is that it's pretty and she wants it).

If anyone has any idea of what to look for, it would be much appreciated!

Personally, I think she should just grab a used SL63 out there in L.A. - there's got to be a ton of them.
Check the transmission, Im guessing it has the CambioCorsa paddle shifter, now unlike a AMG this is a manual with a electro-hydraulic clutch, make sure the F1 pump is good, if you hear ANY funny noises run. Also ask for service history, also the percentage the clutch is at because the replacement of it is about $3,600. Another thing you might want to tell your friend, is that reversing is a PITA, also at a stop light you need to kick it into neutral by clicking both paddles at the same time or u will burn out the clutch. Id HIGHLY recommend her getting some actual seat time before she goes about getting it. The Gransport had some nice touches, the paddles have suede on the back of them, the interior is of better quality, and the chassis and engine seem more in tune with each other. Also the Skyhook suspension is a double edged sword, great for driving, but one it can be quite stiff and two if anything blows in it, again its gonna be quite expensive. If you have any other questions ill try to help as best as possible!