W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parktronic sensor gone bad - how to fix?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
Parktronic sensor gone bad - how to fix?

So it seems like one or two of my parktronic sensors has gone bad and is bringing my whole parktronic system down. 30% of the time it works, the other 70% of the time I have the normal "1 yellow" light up front and back left, but my back right corner always has all the lights on. I had my wife go press on the sensor back there and when you press it in, it goes normal "1 yellow" and the system works. I even pressed on that sensor with all "reds" on and the system would sometimes get fixed and go to working mode. So seems like one bad sensor causes the system to turn off - am I right? On eBay they sell individual sensors for only $40 - in the best case scenario I would be able to take off the bumper, take out the old sensor, put in the new, and everything would start working (I know it's never best case though . Has anyone had a similar experience? Has anyone replaced a sensor and got the system to work? If anyone has a DIY link or at least a diagram of how to take off the rear bumper and/or the parktronic sensors, it would be much appreciated.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S63 AMG, E55 AMG,C Class AMG CLK55 AMG, Jeep Rubicon
Yes

if it is just a sensor that is messed up, you can replace it and fix it.