W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My SL600 and a history of it's tunes and tuners. Let's set the record straight.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
OMFG!!!

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama

However, I was not able to run a Jerry vs. Jeremy showdown.
Clayton...You've hit on it!
Lets get Jeremy and Jerry out to MIR on the 20th!
They can pick one V12(yours) and one 55K (ok..I volunteer) and do back to back runs!
Somebody get on the horn!

Great write up man!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 & CL CK60
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Clayton...You've hit on it!
Lets get Jeremy and Jerry out to MIR on the 20th!
They can pick one V12(yours) and one 55K (ok..I volunteer) and do back to back runs!
Somebody get on the horn!

Great write up man!
This would be worth seeing! I love the competitive aspect of it.

Clayton - Excellent write up! Your post was a real page turner...
Old 10-30-2010, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
I think we've tried to do tuner shootouts in the past, and it just never worked out. I think Andy (MHP) threw down the gauntlet once, and nobody showed.

Hey Beauhus,

A little birdie told me that you were tipping back a few, with someone named in this thread. Is Foster's really "Australian for beer"?
Old 10-31-2010, 12:29 AM

CLS55 & CL CK60
Hey Beauhus,

A little birdie told me that you were tipping back a few, with someone named in this thread. Is Foster's really "Australian for beer"?
The rumor that Aussies can hold their own has been officially debunked. Hard Rock was the victor...
Old 10-31-2010, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Best of luck to you! Look forward to seeyin your new times!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
I never had any problems with my Eurocharged ECU tune but I won't lie, at times I did feel uneasy about my tune, and briefly thought about flashing back to stock. Not sure about you guys, but I don't have 30K of disposable income laying around, in this economy, for a blown V12TT. Not saying that my engine was going to blow, but whenever you see horror story threads, you almost always put yourself in that position and wonder 'what would I do'. Kind of like watching ****, ya know?

See you guys there.

--Clayton
Hey Clayton:

I just had to ask the question, about your uneasy feeling, as I have Autocrossed/draged raced/ and YES even road raced my S600 on one of the first Jerry tunes.

Guess what, I only had GREAT results. I really do not know what else I could throw at her, but she has been a champ in each and every way. Heck I even took 2nd out of a 10 car class in the autocross

On a side note I would LOVE an TCU tune, but will not mix brands for my own reasons.

Oh well, good luck with your future results my friend.

But as far as the uneasy feeling, well let us just say I do not worry
Old 11-01-2010, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
Nice write up Benz O Rama.
I hope to make it out to MIR in two weeks, I think it would pretty cool to meet and put some faces with some of the people that post on here. I decided a little while back that I was going with a Jeremy tune and your comments just confirms my decision. I'm working on the whole game plan for the car.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by beauphus
The rumor that Aussies can hold their own has been officially debunked. Hard Rock was the victor...
Thought as much. I detected just a hint of being jacked up in some of those texts.

Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Hey Clayton:

I just had to ask the question, about your uneasy feeling, as I have Autocrossed/draged raced/ and YES even road raced my S600 on one of the first Jerry tunes.

Guess what, I only had GREAT results. I really do not know what else I could throw at her, but she has been a champ in each and every way. Heck I even took 2nd out of a 10 car class in the autocross

On a side note I would LOVE an TCU tune, but will not mix brands for my own reasons.

Oh well, good luck with your future results my friend.

But as far as the uneasy feeling, well let us just say I do not worry
Yeah, I hear ya. I'll state for the record again, that I never had any problems with my E/C tune. But it's only human nature to feel uneasy when you start seeing 'blown engine' threads pop up. And the tuner on record was the same tuner that tuned your car. Not putting blame on the tuner, as I have zero intimate knowledge of those particular cases. But, I can't honestly say that the 'what ifs' never popped into my head.

If E/C offered a TCU for the V12TT, I probably would've given Jerry the right of first refusal.

However, I'll also state for the record, that I believe my current setup of ECU by OE Tuning and TCU by Speedriven, to be the best to date. Although, I don't have any data yet to verify those claims. I will on 11/20.

Wouldn't it be great if I could have a flash loader with my old Eurocharged tune, and my OE Tuning tune on hand on the 20th of November. **Cough Cough......one of these tuners loan me one......Cough Cough**

We could have a Jerry vs Jeremy showdown, without either party having to be present.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 11-01-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:49 PM

P-Carro
Nice write up !

Since i have had three different tunes in my car i Wish i can write something as peaceful as you did without starting something but then again its apples and oranges, different scenarios, different personalities, different cars, different owners, different time frames but we learn as we go don't we..

The MB Tuner/aftermarket world really needs lots of improving in general!! is not only appearing to be nice and helpful just to get the customer but to actually be conscious and stand up for whatever service you offer but that is if you want to last in this or any other business..
Old 11-02-2010, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
If E/C offered a TCU for the V12TT, I probably would've given Jerry the right of first refusal.

Yeah I hear you as I am still pestering Jerry for a TCU, DAILY

However, I'll also state for the record, that I believe my current setup of ECU by OE Tuning and TCU by Speedriven, to be the best to date. Although, I don't have any data yet to verify those claims. I will on 11/20.

Good luck my friend, as I always LOVE freindly competition

Wouldn't it be great if I could have a flash loader with my old Eurocharged tune, and my OE Tuning tune on hand on the 20th of November. **Cough Cough......one of these tuners loan me one......Cough Cough**

We could have a Jerry vs Jeremy showdown, without either party having to be present.
Now that last part would be FANTASTIC. Same car, same day, same track, same driver. It really couldn't get any better, IMHO.

Again, BEST wishs and go set some new records