Sponsored by:

Supercharger Clutch Plack Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
Supercharger Clutch Plack Replacement

Can anyone provide support for the replacement of the Supercharger Clutch Pack. My car is a 2003 E55 AMG and I'm getting the famous squeak and supercharger chirp. My local shop has never done this type of work before, but says they are capable. LOL... They do have all the tools that a usual shop has (they specifically repair eurocars, mercedes in particular). However, the shop owner is telling me that the replacement of the Supercharger Clutch Pack requires a special set of tools to prevent the supercharger from spinning. He said that the tools are about $1.600+. He would buy the tools if he was going to be doing more jobs like this, but unfortunately, mine is one of a very few so it doesn't warrant the amount of money spent on the tools.

Any feedback would be appreciated as to how to do this. BrianS (the DIY God) has put some pictures on this DIY and said that it took him a whopping 45 minutes... very fast.... However, there wasn't anything listed in the way of tools necessary for the job, as well as pictures as he was taking the Clutch Pack off.

Thank you.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
check the PDF file in Brian's thread. you dont need any special tools