W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Purchased CNA Warranty Details

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 11:45 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Just Purchased CNA Warranty Details

I've been shopping extended service plans for a couple of months for my '06' E55 and just came from my MB dealer where I purchased the CNA plan. My CPO warranty expires in two days.

My car has 46K and I was able to purchase another 60 months and 48,0000 miles for $3,800 with a $200 deductible. This will mean I will have a total of NINE YEARS of coverage up to 94,000 miles. And, it's transferable if I sell the car.

I'm not a gambler and I go to Vegas for the fights, but I think I'm going to "win" this one.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
that is not bad - i wonder if they will insure a car in CA? I have called a few places about getting an aftermarket warranty and as soon as they find out it's an AMG they tell me "no can do" - I would like 3 more years cuz by then I think i will finally be ready for a new car.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
what level of coverage?

It's encouraging that you were able to find AMG coverage at a reasonable price. I'd like to get another AMG when my current one's Fidelity warranty expires (about two more years), and it was starting to look like extend warranties for AMGs were either going to disappear completely or be priced ridiculously high.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
what level of coverage?

It's encouraging that you were able to find AMG coverage at a reasonable price. I'd like to get another AMG when my current one's Fidelity warranty expires (about two more years), and it was starting to look like extend warranties for AMGs were either going to disappear completely or be priced ridiculously high.
Their top of the line, "Preferred Care" plan with a $200 deductible. The only items not covered are your typical maintenance stuff not covered by the factory warranty plus several high maintenance items like the steering wheel, convertible tops, some electronics, etc. But, most importantly, it covers the supercharger and the airmatic system which are typical problem areas on these cars. I questioned them a lot on these items and was assured that they are covered.

One condition they have is you give them a credit card number to hold and they automatically take the $200 deductible at the time of service. I guess they got stiffed a lot in the past.

Either way, I've got peace of mind for as long as I want to keep the Beast and a good selling point if I decide to sell.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
I have the CNA "Preferred Care", only claim (airmatic) was paid no problem.
It is a good idea to get the extra "Electronics" coverage.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by speedpeddler
Their top of the line, "Preferred Care" plan with a $200 deductible. The only items not covered are your typical maintenance stuff not covered by the factory warranty plus several high maintenance items like the steering wheel, convertible tops, some electronics, etc. But, most importantly, it covers the supercharger and the airmatic system which are typical problem areas on these cars. I questioned them a lot on these items and was assured that they are covered.

there are a lot of expensive "some electronics" in my S55. Seats, Doors, COMAND, blah, blah, blah

Originally Posted by Yacht Master
It is a good idea to get the extra "Electronics" coverage.
+1,000,000

It's good to know that extra coverage is available. What is the cost, and does it cover the good stuff?