W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 E55: Thanks Guys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E55 AMG (2006), Mercedes 560 SEL (1991)
06 E55: Thanks Guys

Just changed my IC pump and...my beast is back! The dealer insisted nothing was amiss since diagnostics had come up clean. It was only at my insistence that they changed it and, believe it or not, I even had to show the technician where it was located - apparently they don’t see too many AMGs. He was also insisting that the IC coolant circuit didn’t need bleeding...at least until I showed him the bleeding point and reeled out the bleeding procedures. I think he has developed a healthy respect for my diagnostic ability...!All this info was, of course, gleaned from this wonderful forum. Thanks guys. Without you I’d probably have given up in frustration and gone back to beemers...!Brgds
Old 11-18-2010, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
If the dealer had never done this install before, then they should have been following some manufacturer's tech manual (or online tech manual) that should have explained the bleeding. That wouldn't make me very confident to hear them denying the bleeding.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:46 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by OK55
Just changed my IC pump and...my beast is back! The dealer insisted nothing was amiss since diagnostics had come up clean. It was only at my insistence that they changed it and, believe it or not, I even had to show the technician where it was located - apparently they don’t see too many AMGs. He was also insisting that the IC coolant circuit didn’t need bleeding...at least until I showed him the bleeding point and reeled out the bleeding procedures. I think he has developed a healthy respect for my diagnostic ability...!All this info was, of course, gleaned from this wonderful forum. Thanks guys. Without you I’d probably have given up in frustration and gone back to beemers...!Brgds
I'll do you one better, my dealer was ready to replace my SUPERCHARGER before it discovered my pump was bad!

I had been complaining over a period of 6 months about the pump (each time I was given the company tag line "cannot replicate"), then finally my pump died completely and I had zero supercharger engagement. Took the car in and didn't say a thing about what might be the cause. They call me ONE WEEK later and say that after a full week they can't find the problem so they're going to replace my SUPERCHARGER

At first I didn't say anything b/c I thought, heck, I'm getting a new SC out of it . My conscience won out and I told them I might want to check the pump. They did. I had my car back two days later.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:17 AM

06 E55 / 13 C63
My car runs strong and I don't think anything needs to be replaced ... currently @ 38K miles. Car put down bone stock 380/457 on a Mustang, which is very strong for a "lower" input dyno.

Having said that, what is a good time to replace the IC pump? What mileage are you guys replacing your IC pump?

Thank you.