Sponsored by:

GPS Issue - wrong location, can't set date/time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
GPS Issue - wrong location, can't set date/time

Seems every few months something else breaks . Now my GPS is not working - I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there is anything I can do - before taking the car to the mechanic.

Basically, the GPS has started showing the wrong location - about 50 miles away from where I am. As I drive, the map moves, but it's off. My old Acura had a function to "reset the GPS" that let me tell it where I was, and would reset. Can't seem to find anything like that in the Benz. Also, it is showing the wrong date and time, but date is greyed out, won't let me set it (says it's January 2003) and time can only change in 30 min increments (and it's off anyways). From what I've read, this is indicative of a GPS problem.

Has anyone had this issue? Is there any way to reset the GPS/time? Any responses would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Well most felt the number of satellites tracking display was worthless, and so a Mercedes "upgrade" did away with that information in the display. That makes it hard to judge the performance of the GPS its self. It sounds like an antenna problem.
If you still have the old software you can check the number of sats being tracked.
Takes 5 to get you with in feet.
No reset/offset, the time is from sat.