Sponsored by:

My (very) positive experience with evosport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 10:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
Thumbs up My (very) positive experience with evosport

A few months ago I was doing some routine maintenance on a good friend of mine's E55. He has evosport's evolution 2 power package and their cooling upgrade kit, and also an 80mm throttle body. During that time I replaced the motor mounts, and while I had it apart, I removed his driver's side header and sent it back to evosport to repair a crack. Now, I understand the extreme stress headers are put under, and this particular set was 4 years old. I sent it back because I wanted them to look at it, and have them repair it. I could have done it locally in less time, but I am a pretty firm believer in having the company that built the product examine it for their own quality control and development. I was not expecting what happened next, and Brad called me to discuss the repair. He was very polite and explained that they would fix the header at no charge to my friend. They even added some updated bracing to help prevent weak motor mounts from causing extra stress on them, and recoated the entire manifold. Understanding that they don't do the coating in-house, the process took a little bit longer than expected, and while I was waiting, took some time to address some other concerns. My friend mentioned that he was going through a supercharger belt just about every summer, so I took the crank pulley off to have it inspected(it had a very slight amount of runout) by them also and possibly rebuilt and rebalanced. Brad called me a couple days later and informed me that the pulley I sent him is an older design, again, these parts were installed in early 2006 and that they no longer have parts to rebuild them. He called my friend and they worked out a great deal for their new 180mm pulley, and shipped it out to me. I put the header and pulley in the car, and dropped the car back off with my friend. He was so excited because he had been without his car for a lot of beautiful summer days and he was stuck driving his Rover. The next day, he called me, and was not happy. He explained that there was something wrong with the car, and he wanted me to look at it. He brought it over to my house, and when I popped the hood, I saw a crack in the passenger side header, right at the top of the collector. I took a picture and sent it to Brad, and he replied, on a Sunday afternoon, "This car has bad motor mounts..." I replied back that I just changed them when I sent him the other side, and he said I could send him the header and he would repair it. Evosport repaired the other header no charge as a goodwill gesture for him also. We were not expecting to get this all for free, but Brad and evosport went above and beyond to help a client out. I know there are a lot of tuners out there and people have many choices, but if it were my money, my car, or my friend's car, I would definitely
tell them to consider evosport products and the upstanding company they represent.

Thanks Brad, a round of drinks will be on me next time you are in Chicago or whenever I get to Huntington Beach.

Nick
Old 11-26-2010, 04:38 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
I have to agree this is one of there best qualities. They stand behind their products and customers. And for this they are a company i will continue to deal with

Originally Posted by nick 55
A few months ago I was doing some routine maintenance on a good friend of mine's E55. He has evosport's evolution 2 power package and their cooling upgrade kit, and also an 80mm throttle body. During that time I replaced the motor mounts, and while I had it apart, I removed his driver's side header and sent it back to evosport to repair a crack. Now, I understand the extreme stress headers are put under, and this particular set was 4 years old. I sent it back because I wanted them to look at it, and have them repair it. I could have done it locally in less time, but I am a pretty firm believer in having the company that built the product examine it for their own quality control and development. I was not expecting what happened next, and Brad called me to discuss the repair. He was very polite and explained that they would fix the header at no charge to my friend. They even added some updated bracing to help prevent weak motor mounts from causing extra stress on them, and recoated the entire manifold. Understanding that they don't do the coating in-house, the process took a little bit longer than expected, and while I was waiting, took some time to address some other concerns. My friend mentioned that he was going through a supercharger belt just about every summer, so I took the crank pulley off to have it inspected(it had a very slight amount of runout) by them also and possibly rebuilt and rebalanced. Brad called me a couple days later and informed me that the pulley I sent him is an older design, again, these parts were installed in early 2006 and that they no longer have parts to rebuild them. He called my friend and they worked out a great deal for their new 180mm pulley, and shipped it out to me. I put the header and pulley in the car, and dropped the car back off with my friend. He was so excited because he had been without his car for a lot of beautiful summer days and he was stuck driving his Rover. The next day, he called me, and was not happy. He explained that there was something wrong with the car, and he wanted me to look at it. He brought it over to my house, and when I popped the hood, I saw a crack in the passenger side header, right at the top of the collector. I took a picture and sent it to Brad, and he replied, on a Sunday afternoon, "This car has bad motor mounts..." I replied back that I just changed them when I sent him the other side, and he said I could send him the header and he would repair it. Evosport repaired the other header no charge as a goodwill gesture for him also. We were not expecting to get this all for free, but Brad and evosport went above and beyond to help a client out. I know there are a lot of tuners out there and people have many choices, but if it were my money, my car, or my friend's car, I would definitely
tell them to consider evosport products and the upstanding company they represent.

Thanks Brad, a round of drinks will be on me next time you are in Chicago or whenever I get to Huntington Beach.

Nick
Old 11-26-2010, 03:44 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None fast enough!
Thanks Nick. It has been a pleasure to work with you. Your honesty and integrity are second to none!

Happy Thanksgiving (a day late)!

Brad