Sponsored by:

AC Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
AC Problem

I have a 2006 E55 and took a road trip to Atlanta last weekend and while enroute the AC stopped blowing cold air. I could hear what sounded like the blower still going but no air was coming out even if I turned the temp down to the low 50's or manually put it on high. I noticed the same thing on the return trip home. It seems to work fine under daily driving but after a couple of hours on the road it does the same thing. Something getting too hot and shutting off or what? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Joey
Old 11-29-2010, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Holy CRAP you must be the only AMG in Mobile. My folks lived in that area for many years and MB's were rare but I never saw an AMG around those parts of Alabama..

Back to your question low freon could cause this issue. You will need to have the pressure tested at a local MB or indy shop.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:09 PM

2007 S600
I had a similar issue with my 03 E55. I needed a new AC compressor. Irt was about $700.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
next time it does that on the road, feel the passenger side vents. If they are colder than the drivers, than it is a bit low on R134.

It's pretty noticeable. The passenger is ice cold or very cool and the drivers is warm.

Otherwise honestly could be one a million things/sensors.

Wouldn't jump into a compressor until you checked the AC temp test.

Mine ended being a compressor as well BTW.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:04 PM

2006 E55
The problem is the air is only slightly blowing. It sounds like it's blowing but it's not. Once I turn the car off for a while and crank it back up it works fine again.
I have an extended warranty so hopefully whatever it is will be covered. Just wanted an idea.
I appreciate the responses and glad to be back on MBworld. I was off for several years, previously AlabamaCLK, but sold my CLK while I went back to school, late in life, and now that I'm back in a Benz I'm back on MBworld.
Thanks again and hope I can return the favors with some sound advice!
Old 11-29-2010, 07:07 PM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by grantwoodtx
Holy CRAP you must be the only AMG in Mobile. My folks lived in that area for many years and MB's were rare but I never saw an AMG around those parts of Alabama..

Back to your question low freon could cause this issue. You will need to have the pressure tested at a local MB or indy shop.
Yeah the only person that I've known that has/had a E55 in this body style was Matt Roberts from 3 Doors Down. He bought one just before I bought his old CLK.
A buddy of mine has a E63 here though. That's all I know of in the E AMG's though in southern Alabama. Makes it that much better in some regards.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:06 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Alabama-AMG
Yeah the only person that I've known that has/had a E55 in this body style was Matt Roberts from 3 Doors Down. He bought one just before I bought his old CLK.
A buddy of mine has a E63 here though. That's all I know of in the E AMG's though in southern Alabama. Makes it that much better in some regards.
I'm in Mobile. PM me if u ever want to get together