W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those who know what "Aluminum Dash to Fascia" means - i.e. Engine-Turned Aluminum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Those who know what "Aluminum Dash to Fascia" means - i.e. Engine-Turned Aluminum

This is an option on one of the greatest cars ever made, the Bentley Continental GT - window sticker states "aluminum dash to fascia" and it's also referred to as engine-turned aluminum. It is for the two pieces - one surrounding instrument cluster - and one in front of passenger seat on dash, above glovebox.

A small tool is used to create a half-circle type effect, and it is absolutely stunning. I think it looks soo remarkable in person, takes a lot of time to create. Who else has seen this in person?

Wondering if any companies have either tried or even considered replicating these pieces to replace an E-class (or any Mercedes') complete interior wood trim?? Would be a pretty impressive and unique venture, I would personally like to see this in an

By the way, I think the single coolest feature on an automobile is the Drophead Coupe's starlight headliner - imagine turning that on for a date, magnificent! Followed by that same car's auto-closing (button operated) front doors.

Thanks for input.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
ive seen that finish on most elevator cab finishes in high rise residential condos
Here is an option on the SLK. Dont know if it was offered from the factory or not