Sponsored by:

New Year means time for a change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 02:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i
New Year means time for a change

After weighing the many pros-cons I have made the decision to leave the AMG community for now, sell/part out my 2007 E63 and pick up a 2012 GT-R.

I'm thinking that the best thing would be to try to get my car back to stock and trade-in even though dealer does not want to offer me very much modded or not, even with one-off carbon fiber covered wheels and all! I tried explaining that the white with pano roof is a very popular color choice and with only 17k miles, well maintained they could get quite a bit for it.

So I ask for assistance and recommendations on the best way to sell stuff. I have not sold anything on the forums, nor on Ebay so I don't know how the transactions, etc. work?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
That's a really great choice. I know you're going to be thrilled with the GTR. I can't wait to get one of my own soon.

What all do you have to part?

PM me and I'll see if there's anything I'd be looking to take off your hands.

If it were me I would make a list with detailed pictures of the items and make reasonable asking prices. Paypal is usually going to be your payment source so get a verified paypal account (if you don't already have one) and let the members here pick away at the goods.

It's a really good choice to part it out considering you'll re-coup a lot of cash instead of "donating" them with the car when you trade it in.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evo VIII/E55 AMG
Nice Car you should be happy. I was jus talking to another Fourm member today as a matter of fact. And the GT-R was the only thing I could think of within reason to upgrade to.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
07E63, 12E350, 08997TT, 16SiennaSE
Originally Posted by mprsev
After weighing the many pros-cons I have made the decision to leave the AMG community for now, sell/part out my 2007 E63 and pick up a 2012 GT-R.

I'm thinking that the best thing would be to try to get my car back to stock and trade-in even though dealer does not want to offer me very much modded or not, even with one-off carbon fiber covered wheels and all! I tried explaining that the white with pano roof is a very popular color choice and with only 17k miles, well maintained they could get quite a bit for it.

So I ask for assistance and recommendations on the best way to sell stuff. I have not sold anything on the forums, nor on Ebay so I don't know how the transactions, etc. work?

Thanks!
You're not the only one I'm thinking about selling my 911 for a GTR. I was at the Nissan dealer last week and they said if I put in my order now I can have it in spring.
I like Obsidian with blk interior but my 911 already black..Maybe dark silver gray matalic with black interior with premium pkg..to many choices.

This is a cool video clip..I watched this a dozen time already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkYgI1vExBA

btw, are you selling your wheel?