W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment Shop in Socal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
e63 p30 estate
1 shop I'll NEVER go back to again: Grand Prix Tires in Monterey Park. Charged me extra $20 just for having a Benz, then made me wait around an extra hour even though they asked me to come in right away since they were supposedly "not busy".

Had no choice since I was already seeing tire wear, and it was the day before Xmas, and my 2 go-to shops in the (626) were both f'ing booked solid.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
one car at a time
Originally Posted by 220S
Next time ask to specifically talk to Darin Nishimura. He absolutely does know what he's doing. He preps track cars for lots of people every season and has an extremely excellent reputation. I hate to see his name get dragged through the mud for something that may have been a misunderstanding or miscommunication, etc..

His son is learning the business and no doubt has a lot to learn, but Darin is an incredibly smart guy. If Darin does the alignment, you have nothing to worry about. He'll set up the car the way you want it, depending on your style of driving. He's aligned and corner balanced my Porsches for years. But it's very possible he may not be the best choice for a sedan like a big E Class, I dunno. But at least talk to him about it.

He's no dummy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGC1IlRtoMw

Too funny....I just read this post and thought I would chime in....

Darin used to work for Steve Alarcon and did the suspension work on all of my cars when I lived in the south bay. Darin is very knowledgeable and always did a great job. He did all of the work on our race cars too - IMSA and ALMS days and worked for several of the top teams.

I had no idea he opened his own shop and may take a trip up there just to get the e55 aligned....

Can anyone speak to HOW the alignment is done, given our cars change height at speed ? My concern is the camber is set in the stationary setting but at highway speeds, it is my understanding the car lowers an additional amount thus changing the alignment.

Last edited by cij911; 06-28-2012 at 10:50 AM.