MB/AMG MEET at the 1/4 mile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by Timmay77
No, no, no, it's not like that at all. It's great that you guys want to do this for the MB crowd. I am all for it! I guess we just aren't on the same wave length as far as the plan for that particular weekend. (June 10th & 11th) It seems it went from us doing a drag night, to BMW vs Mercedes, to selecting who is allowed to run. I'm sure who ever is paying for it makes the call, as it should be. I know Marcus is waiting to here from the owner, but are YOU GUYS renting the track for the day? I may be sticking my nose in some place it doesn't belong if so, and I apologize....

I just need to know what the plan is. I have 10 threads on 10 boards I am trying to keep information current about Timmayfest. If I need to be getting guys to commit to the track evening to help with the funding, no problem. If you guys are funding this yourself so you can call the shots, that's fine too, I just need to know so I can proceed with a plan, but from the posts I am reading, that's the way it seems.

Understood about you "only having a tune, headers, and an intake" but you are "smelling 10.7s". I don't think you would even be able to see me in your rear view mirror if that's the case. Your car is in an entirely different class than most of those attending.
No sir, this is certainly YOUR event. It's just that a couple of us hard core racers see "1/4 mile" and our ears perk up, we start foaming at the mouth, and pee uncontrollably. Especially at the thought of an MB vs BMW event.

Personally, I think it's an absolutely awesome idea to have the drag event, before Timmayfest. So much so, I'm most likely driving the 6 or 7 hours to spend the weekend with you guys. I know a few going, like Clemster, and it's always fun to hang with a ton of car enthusiasts, even if you are from the DARK SIDE

We're not trying to take over the drag event, we only want to be included.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
If I pay extra can I race gusfag?
Old 01-15-2011, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Tim, I dont get it. Who cares if these guys are going all out and talking about smelling 7s. Do you want them to all come and just go down the track in 5th gear? I would think you would be happy these guys are getting amped up. Who is paying for the track? My understanding is that everyone that runs is going to throw a fee in the pot and those that dont can come hang out and have fun. If that is the case, eveyone that throws a fee in and decides to race makes it "their" track day. If "they" want to get excited and talk a little smack about the great numbers they may or may not run who gives a crap. Hell, on M5board, Steve wrote that hre may come to smoke my little MB. Did I get offended, hell no, its all in good fun. If you want to dictate the day, how people should act, and what times they should run, take the event back to National Trails where all the fast guys cant even run. I am not trying to be a dik but why would anyone give a crap if guys are getting into the even so much. These guys are willing to drive 9hrs plus, load a bunch of race crap and run the sack off their cars which A) will be awsome to watch and B) entertain anyone that comes to watch that has a heart beat. Dont make this about you, make it about the attendees.

Last edited by emoving; 01-15-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So is this turning into a high hp MB only event? I guess I am getting a bit confused. I was trying schedule a track night the evening before Timmayfest so that anyone with a BMW/Mercedes could have some fun and run. It sounds like maybe what you guys are planning is a bit too serious for those of us that aren't SC 500+hp cars, which really, will be 90% of those attending.
Oh and all MB are high HP!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cornfed gtr and m3
I think the event in itself sounds like a blast, and most of us just enjoy running our cars. I really don't think it will be an MB vs BMW event, but a bunch of car guys out enjoying time at the track. Also, if we rent the track am definitely down to kick in my share.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:25 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by 930chas
I think the event in itself sounds like a blast, and most of us just enjoy running our cars. I really don't think it will be an MB vs BMW event, but a bunch of car guys out enjoying time at the track. Also, if we rent the track am definitely down to kick in my share.
exactly. When we have had track days we always have around 60 cars. I was able to get 30 runs without a problem, and never really had to wait.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:45 PM

E39 M5
Finally got off my lazy a$$ and registered here. I have raced with many of you guys at MIR and am always happy to be the slowest guy there. Looking forward to Columbus in June to hang with a great group of guys and amazing cars of all makes. And whatever the final decision is on the track, I'm in. Getting the MB crowd together on this will only enhance the fun. And it will be all about fun!
Old 01-15-2011, 03:47 PM

W211 (wifey) SC'd E39 M5 (me)
Originally Posted by emoving
Tim, I dont get it. Who cares if these guys are going all out and talking about smelling 7s. Do you want them to all come and just go down the track in 5th gear? I would think you would be happy these guys are getting amped up. Who is paying for the track? My understanding is that everyone that runs is going to throw a fee in the pot and those that dont can come hang out and have fun. If that is the case, eveyone that throws a fee in and decides to race makes it "their" track day. If "they" want to get excited and talk a little smack about the great numbers they may or may not run who gives a crap. Hell, on M5board, Steve wrote that hre may come to smoke my little MB. Did I get offended, hell no, its all in good fun. If you want to dictate the day, how people should act, and what times they should run, take the event back to National Trails where all the fast guys cant even run. I am not trying to be a dik but why would anyone give a crap if guys are getting into the even so much. These guys are willing to drive 9hrs plus, load a bunch of race crap and run the sack off their cars which A) will be awsome to watch and B) entertain anyone that comes to watch that has a heart beat. Dont make this about you, make it about the attendees.

Marcus, you have totally missed my point.....

The above post is the first bit of information I have read on how things will be handled financially for the event. My concern is not "who is in charge", I stated that in my other post. I personally could care less. It's just one more thing that needs to be done. If you want to run it, GREAT. You also have to understand that this will be the first time I have EVER been to a drag strip. My concern is that it seems as if you want to dictate who is allowed to run, which as been stated in several posts. When I originally planned this, it was a $15 fee to enter, and you could get as many runs in as possible. My original thought was to give everyone a chance to have some fun, running their cars as fast as possible, in a safe controlled environment. Not just the fast cars, every car that wanted to. After finding out that 11.49 and faster would have issues, it seemed like a bad idea since some of our faster cars wouldn't be allowed to run. I appreciate you pointing that out btw. From reading the previous posts, it has turned into a hard core drag event where you want to plan who can run, leaving the average Joe out because he will take up valuable track time. From your thread title and the way it has been explained, I can fully understand why.

You will not regret it! Plus you get to woop some BMW ESS supercharged M5s! I am working on the track details. We are going to limit the cars that are allowed to run. Otherwise, we will have all 100 cars wanting to run. That wont work. I think we are going to have about 15 MB spots and 15 BMW spots. We till have the track from dawn to dusk and both lanes.
Lets keep the track cars to a certain number with those spots going to the MB and BMW owners. Otherwise this will turn in to a big test and tune which will be a waste of time for anyone that travels here. We start letting every tom dick and harry run, the real cars will get little track time.
I agree guys don't want to drive 10 hrs to make 3 runs. I also don't want guys like me, who have an almost stock car, with ZERO track time, not be aloud to run and learn. You have to realize Timmayfest consists of members with E46's, E36's, E30's, non-M E39's etc, cars that don't have a snowballs chance in hell with keeping up with most of the faster cars. What if those guys want to run? From what Jake is explaining, it seems this whole thing is getting blown out of proportion. IF we can get 60 cars to make 30 runs each for the day, I call that WIN. I know I won't run my car 30 times, maybe 5 or 6. I have a feeling most of the people who attend that aren't "drag cars" will want to do about the same.

It seems as if you are taking this personally Marcus. Don't. I want the MB crowd there just as bad as the BMW crowd. I have the UTMOST respect for the cars and their drivers. As far as the smack talk, it's just not something I am used to. There is NO TALK AT ALL like this over on the M5board. The only reason Steve said that is because he knows you personally. Every other post in this thread there is something about smoking a BMW, not at ALL what this event is about. Just a culture I'm not used to.

Last edited by Timmay77; 01-15-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 ML63 2009 SL63 2010 Alpha 7 GTR
Originally Posted by 320 dreamer
my thoughts exactly!! im about the racing win or lose, i have never been down the lane without learning something or making new friends!
Then whats the point of racing?... New friends are always a plus...

Im just giving you a hard time... But there is nothing wrong with a friendly competition between two competing automobile manufactures.

Long story short, dodger just needs to delete 10.7s off his sig and quietly kick some ***!
Old 01-15-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by E55Bullet

Im just giving you a hard time... But there is nothing wrong with a friendly competition between two competing automobile manufactures.

Long story short, dodger just needs to delete 10.7s off his sig and quietly kick some ***!
Him running 10.7 has nothing to do with it my friend! The faster the better!
Old 01-15-2011, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by E55Bullet

***better ?****
Old 01-15-2011, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Obviously there is a rivalry between these 2 manufacturers? But it's all in good fun. I would enjoy going? My car will be in street attire so it won't be all track prepped..

Keep in mind the newbies bring a good thing to the table!! They have new ideas and thoughts.. Like outside the box thoughts. I don't think you should limit the amount of cars at all but it would be real cool if we could set up like brackets of mods experience so forth I would be more then happy to help out in any way. I've been asking for a meet like this for a while a centrally located event were we could actually get a good turn out of cars.. Eitherway I'm in! I'd like to attend and run. I'm afraid even with the weather and street attire I will still be under the 11.49 rule so private rental would be great.

Please guys let's put this together and make it a fun thing..

Like I said I'd bs more then happy to donate as much time necc. To help put anything together so just let me no.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh I know his sig just scares people, including me....and him telling his mods pretty much says that his car is not really modded and no one would really know how fast it is until it runs.

Absolutely! the faster the better!
Old 01-15-2011, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dodger63
***better ?****

lol! LOVE IT
Old 01-15-2011, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sorry to talk smack, but when you own an e55 there is nothing better than beating an M5/M6, sorry..
Old 01-15-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by dodger63
Obviously there is a rivalry between these 2 manufacturers? But it's all in good fun. I would enjoy going? My car will be in street attire so it won't be all track prepped..

Keep in mind the newbies bring a good thing to the table!! They have new ideas and thoughts.. Like outside the box thoughts. I don't think you should limit the amount of cars at all but it would be real cool if we could set up like brackets of mods experience so forth I would be more then happy to help out in any way. I've been asking for a meet like this for a while a centrally located event were we could actually get a good turn out of cars.. Eitherway I'm in! I'd like to attend and run. I'm afraid even with the weather and street attire I will still be under the 11.49 rule so private rental would be great.

Please guys let's put this together and make it a fun thing..

Like I said I'd bs more then happy to donate as much time necc. To help put anything together so just let me no.
THESE are my thoughts, EXACTLY. THANK YOU SIR.

Dodger, I would enjoy seeing your car in "full track mode" if at all possible....
Old 01-15-2011, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
THESE are my thoughts, EXACTLY. THANK YOU SIR.

Dodger, I would enjoy seeing your car in "full track mode" if at all possible....
Basically 4 tires I can do both np..
Old 01-17-2011, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Any updates on this? I'd love to be able to plan this out in advance, I have allot of stuff on my plate before now and then..
Old 01-17-2011, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evo VIII/E55 AMG
I think someone needs to make a legit thread with full details and meet info and it should be a sticky.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:06 PM

I would be HAPPY do that but I would like to know the details about the drag night first.....
Old 01-17-2011, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evo VIII/E55 AMG
I would be HAPPY do that but I would like to know the details about the drag night first.....
I think either way at NTR or MCIR will be fun. There are plenty of places around C-Bus where we race if people just dont want to do the track. There are usually large meets around the Columubs area on Fri-Sat nights So there will be plenty to do.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:39 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Evolved8
I think someone needs to make a legit thread with full details and meet info and it should be a sticky.
I will start a new Timmayfest drag race and meet thread when we have details. Stay tuned...We are working out the details

Old 01-17-2011, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Evolved8
I think either way at NTR or MCIR will be fun. There are plenty of places around C-Bus where we race if people just dont want to do the track. There are usually large meets around the Columubs area on Fri-Sat nights So there will be plenty to do.
Your a real smart guy if you are insisting on we street race. These are not a bunch of teenagers that want to go street race around the city of Columbus, they are a little more responsible then that and actually have jobs that they would like to keep. I have asked you ten times for your contacts name and number at the track but you fail to give it up. Okay! We are not impressed by all the BS, we just want to hang out, have a good time and race where it is legal at a track that is willing to have us.

Tim...I have called Marion 10 times and they sent an email that they would call me but to no avail. I will try again tomorrow.

Last edited by emoving; 01-18-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:19 PM

Merc
emoving see if you can do this at Norwalk, National Trail is (as you probably know) renowned as being one of the worst tracks in the country.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MercNutz
emoving see if you can do this at Norwalk, National Trail is (as you probably know) renowned as being one of the worst tracks in the country.
NT is out for the MB guys. They require roll cages for 11.50 and faster. They will personally escort us from the track if we were to run that w/o the cage. I was told that by the GM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MB/AMG MEET at the 1/4 mile