Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP ASAP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
NEED HELP ASAP!

So i took it upon myself to change out my valve cover gaskets, reseal the vent chambers, change out the supercharger and serpentine belt, change out spark plugs etc and now that i have everything back together, i have a vacuum leak from back near the throttle body. It is coming from whatever the metal aluminum tube connects to under the manifold or throttle body area. This tube is the one that is secured to the far back valve cover nut on the drivers side. It then runs to some solenoid type thing near the wheel well. Does anyone know what it is connected to underneath, what it is for, and how do i reconnect it? Thanks in advance for any info.

Aaron

Last edited by WHTEVO; 01-14-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Not quite sure which tube you are talking about but there is a metal one that connects to rubber tubing under the supercharger from the back. Take a mirror and look between valve cover and supercharger. You should see where the line goes. Hope that helps

Edit: I'm pretty sure we are referring to the same tube.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
dont panic !!!, LOL, Blackbenzz is right have a look around the back of the blower on the drivers side theres a small hole with a rubber gromet, it should be pretty easy to find
Old 01-14-2011, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
Thanks alot guys! Actually before seeing these posts i went back out in the cold after starting the thread and kept "shoving" it in the area it should go in since i knew the general area because of the bracket. I was able to luckily get it in and no more vacuum leak. What a dumb area to put a tube that can just pop out IMO. And to think, i was either going to take it to my buddies Benz shop, or take that side of the manifold off B) Thanks again for the quick replies.

Aaron
Old 01-15-2011, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
the metal tube the bolts down with the valve cover connects to a metal line that is on the drivers side fender well. I just had my supercharger off and had too look for a minute to find it. When you put the metal tube in the supercharger and bolt it down you will see where it attaches at.