Sponsored by:

need some wheel help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
need some wheel help

Ok, I have been cruising craigslist, ebay, forums, and the internet for wheels. My problem is like most have had, front rim cracked on the inside lip about an 1-1/2" long. I have found a local guy who may be able to get me a rim from the mainland(he hasn't returned my call in 3 weeks) and a forum member who has a curbed up set(just waiting on a price).

Right now the set on the car is curbed and busted to hell. My buddies wife drove the car and evidently she parked by running the wheels against the curb!

SO, what to do? Do I buy a jacked up set like what I have for who knows how much, OR do I buy a set of replicas? I am in the Navy out here in Hawaii with a wife and a 4 yr old little girl. I can't afford to get the "Name Brand" rims most would get for this car right now. BUT I need to get something so I can drive my car. I am thinking about picking up a set of replicas like this:

or

I really like the look of the SLR rims if I can find them in an 18x9.5

I want to stick with 18s for speed and price of tires. At this point I just need some rims that look good on the car and don't drain the pocket book. If anyone has any input or advice please send it my way! I know some people will bash me for buying 'fake' wheels, but not all of us can enjoy these cars and pay top dollar for something like wheels. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Josh

Last edited by pimpjuice; 01-16-2011 at 01:44 AM.