Sponsored by:

Question on Service Schedules

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 E63
Question on Service Schedules

Alright bought '07 E63 with 39k miles on it from non-mercedes dealership (car was transferred from atlanta to nashville dealership btw). Called service department for my local mercedes dealership and they are saying that they see a few services on the car in there history but not all of them.

They mention that they see Service A & B being done at a dealership, but they mention that the 2k mile differential service was never done & service C (40k mile?) was never done. There is no paperwork and the car was a lease so can't find the previous owners information to call and ask but they are telling me that I need to come in for the Service C & also the Differential check, and a transmission fluid change which should run about $1k total for all of that.

When I check the gauges in the car it says that I do not need another service D (50k mile?) was not due until another 9k miles. So I am guessing that even though the service department doesnt see the Service C was done at 40k miles they are wanting me to come in, but shouldn't the car show the Service B is still due? I guess I am asking, shouldn't it remind you until you do it? And shouldn't it require someone to go into the engineering menu to reset the service notice to say hey service c is done now lets start the time for service d?

What should I do? I am not trying to cheap out, just wondering if my dealer is just trying to get $1k out of me since they know i just bought the car and want to keep it in service. I want to make sure the car is fully up date with services & fluids just first benz I have owned.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
That was a slightly confusing read..(Just Say-in)

Anyways, As far as services are concerned I would only take it to a dealer if I did not have another trusted mechanic.

Luckily I have a german Mechanic who used to work for MB who opened his own shop and doesn't give me bs stealership prices. Anyways, If you do not have a mechanic like that where you can get your car inspected to see if it actually needs any of service c work, then your best bet would be to either have that dealer inspect the car and see what they find (while they are pretty dishonest they will point out legit problems as well....sometimes) or you can go to another mb dealer and ask them to inspect the car without mentioning the possibility you have not received a c service and see what they come up with.

Finally, since you don't seem to have very good records of the car there is a chance the service was done at another dealership or just in a shop and simply never formally recorded. Also, yes the service reminder needs to be reset once the service is completed so someone must have at least reset the reminder.

Sorry about the run-on sentences I'm lazy.