W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver and passenger dynamic seat different?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Driver and passenger dynamic seat different?

I was out at dinner last night, and got decently tipsy so instead of me driving my car back I let my friend drive it and I rode in the passenger seat.

It felt like the dynamic seat wasn't working at all, I could feel a slight inflation while cornering hard, but nothing like the drivers seat does. I had always talked about how cool the dulynamic seat was to my girlfriend and she was always talking about how it wasn't that great, and now I see why, there is barely any movement in the passenger seat.

The pump works fine on the seat and can tighten the bolsters the same as on the drivers. I also looked on the dynamic setting on the dash and they are both set to the same level.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any reason for them to be different?
Old 01-28-2011, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
Hmmm... Was going to suggest the setting on the dash until you mentioned you already checked it.... What year is your vehicle? Honestly, I have never sat in the passenger seat of my car (or any E55/63) for that matter, so I am not sure what it is like from that perspective. I do know that all of my passengers that are "car guys" mention how cool it is, so it must be working pretty well, but hell, maybe not???