Renntech ELM V3 - Mac OSX Compatible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Renntech ELM V3 - Mac OSX Compatible?

Hey guys, particularly vendors of this product or if Renntech can chime in directly.

Is the V3 ELM compatible with Mac OSX, particularly can it be used on an iPad iOS?

This is what's next on the list and I'd like to know if it will work with what I currently own (so I'm not having to go buy another laptop etc) or I will just purchase that bad *** LoMo unit.

TIA
Old 02-12-2011, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Old 02-12-2011, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a Rivera...via a Custom 24, Strat and Les Paul
curious as well...
Old 02-12-2011, 02:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
05 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by tgoss
Hey guys, particularly vendors of this product or if Renntech can chime in directly.

Is the V3 ELM compatible with Mac OSX, particularly can it be used on an iPad iOS?

This is what's next on the list and I'd like to know if it will work with what I currently own (so I'm not having to go buy another laptop etc) or I will just purchase that bad *** LoMo unit.

TIA
Let me know when you find out, I have the V3 installed and never use it cause I don't own anything PC/Windows. I just bought my wife a Ipad and that would be sick If I could use that to lower the car. I've heard the V3 is palm ready, tried getting more info, even called Renntech and the guy i spoke to didn't know much about it and couldn't tell me if it would work. I almost wish I would have bought the V2 with the remote, and of course after I buy my V3 the LoMo ELM comes out.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
You could always run the program in boot camp. Not the most convenient method for day to day use, but a nice option for the rare times you will need to adjust the settings on your elm.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Nasty50-Five
Let me know when you find out, I have the V3 installed and never use it cause I don't own anything PC/Windows. I just bought my wife a Ipad and that would be sick If I could use that to lower the car. I've heard the V3 is palm ready, tried getting more info, even called Renntech and the guy i spoke to didn't know much about it and couldn't tell me if it would work. I almost wish I would have bought the V2 with the remote, and of course after I buy my V3 the LoMo ELM comes out.
You called Renntech directly and they couldn't answer a question about their product?
Old 02-12-2011, 04:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
05 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
You called Renntech directly and they couldn't answer a question about their product?
Yes sir! The guy I spoke to was real nice and knew about the product but when I asked him about being Palm ready, he basically told me it works with pc/windows and couldn't answer my question about being Palm ready.