Sponsored by:

COMAND cutting out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
////E55
COMAND cutting out

I was having so issues with my stereo cutting out yesterday. I was driving down the highway when the radio cut out for about 1 second. I thought that it was the radio stations error and disregarded it. I changed the radio station and at irregular intervals, the radio would cut out for 1 second. This happened at least 10 times on my 20 mile trip. Today, on my 5 mile commute, it did not happen again.

Does anyone have any ideas? I know it is very vague, but didn't know if anyone else may have had this particular issue. If it doesn't happen again, great! But I am still under warranty and if I can't repeat it... there is very little that they can do.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 63S
Originally Posted by jamcclureuk
I was having so issues with my stereo cutting out yesterday. I was driving down the highway when the radio cut out for about 1 second. I thought that it was the radio stations error and disregarded it. I changed the radio station and at irregular intervals, the radio would cut out for 1 second. This happened at least 10 times on my 20 mile trip. Today, on my 5 mile commute, it did not happen again.

Does anyone have any ideas? I know it is very vague, but didn't know if anyone else may have had this particular issue. If it doesn't happen again, great! But I am still under warranty and if I can't repeat it... there is very little that they can do.
I had a similar issue but the cut out time would be longer than 1 second. I disconnected the rear battery, let it sit for 30 minutes, reconnected the battery and heven't had the issue since. I guess a reboot is good for not only a Windows PC but our cars too!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
mine did something similar last week. no sound from radio and could not change the channels for several seconds. turned off waited and turned back on problem hasn't happened since.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Escalade, 2004 E55 AMG
Tried the battery disconnect but still got the momentary cut out when using the stereo. Any other ideas?