W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Blown airbag??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2011 | 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Blown airbag??

So, its finally spring break for me and after about 3 weeks of me not being home I come home to find the drivers side rear "tuckin".. I use that term lightly too lol... My car usually sits a bit lower in the winter as it only gets started every weekend or every two weeks, but this was way lower than normal.. Started the car up and the only error was for the battery, which I was aware of..But the weird thing is the car came right back up to its normal height after the start.. Do I just have a slow leak that is causing this?? And do I need to fix it now if its just a slow leak and once its daily driven it wont be a problem..
Old 03-11-2011 | 08:46 PM

E55K AMG
Originally Posted by andrew knight
So, its finally spring break for me and after about 3 weeks of me not being home I come home to find the drivers side rear "tuckin".. I use that term lightly too lol... My car usually sits a bit lower in the winter as it only gets started every weekend or every two weeks, but this was way lower than normal.. Started the car up and the only error was for the battery, which I was aware of..But the weird thing is the car came right back up to its normal height after the start.. Do I just have a slow leak that is causing this?? And do I need to fix it now if its just a slow leak and once its daily driven it wont be a problem..
Just keep a close eye on it over the next few days, if it returns to the same level within a few hours or the following day then you have a leak somewhere.

When mine went I had no warning either, I just heard the hissing and it would not raise the corner anymore.