W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would any of you central IL guys be open for a car show this September?

Old 03-16-2011, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
Would any of you central IL guys be open for a car show this September?

I have been dying to make a sort of event for AMG guys in Cntrl IL to enjoy the presence of other AMG members, and thought of a perfect opportunity. This September 3rd, in Streator IL, about 75 miles from West Chicago/Wheaton/Carol Stream, theres a huge event called Cruise night. When I say huge, I mean it too. Streator is the home to about 14,000 people, small town. But every September 3rd, Cruise night brings in over 18,000 people and 600 classic cars. But It got me thinking,'maybe I could make a whole area/side show for Mercedes, AMG or not'. So if theres enough interest from You guys, I'll head over to city hall and see if it will be possible. They block off the whole main street and another street for about a mile each and park cars parallel down the whole street, and have one lane to 'cruise'. Let me know what you think, or PM me with any questions.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG; 2005 CLK 500 (sold)
Yeah man I for sure would be down for something like that. Granted its probably 100 miles from me but w/e. Ill make the drive. If you get it set up let me know.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
So its a classic car event and you want to bring modern day MBs.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG; 2005 CLK 500 (sold)
Well to be honest. There is not much in the way of meets up here. I only know of two or three maybe.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by emoving
So its a classic car event and you want to bring modern day MBs.
Yes, I thought long and hard about it, but the feedback the bystanders were giving me about my E was astounding.. when everyone parks parallel, they pop their hoods so people that want to peek can. there were so many people asking questions and what not I felt like Wikipedia. But back to the show, as of right now, This year may be cutting it close. but I spoke to a good friend named Mark, who also puts on this event, and he said he be more than willing to let me take a pick at a parking lot sanctioned of to Mercedes Benz's thats near the "main drag". I'll post more details in a bit, I had them on a piece of paper in my garage. I'll let you know.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Alright, got the details.

Speaking to Mark, I have actually found out they are trying to make it a 2 day cruise and then a 1 day car show in the city park. If we did have a separate 'section' for MBs, they still feel we should pay the $10/car fee for everyone else, which is totally fair. I have also found a few nicely located parking lots that will comfortably hold anywhere from about 10 to 30 cars. There will be tons of food and drinks. And as of RIGHT now, there is a small chance of getting permission from the city, but if we do this now to prepare for 2012s cruise night, Well be set up well. Let me know what you guys think. oh, almost forgot. During the show, people WILL be photographing your vehicle to put online, so make sure its pretty.. lol jk i know your cars already are!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Heres a sample of some of the cars, lots of Corvettes too
My E is at about 40 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X82PXsVi7ZY