Sponsored by:

My first 1000 miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 e63 amg
My first 1000 miles

Bought a 2008 e63 amg in feb and had a great first 1000 miles. Got a cpo with 20k and love the look, room and power. Engine sounds like a NASCAR. More comfortable ride than my 99 m3 (duh), and love the airmatic suspension. Even got free satellite radio for some reason. However, it is not perfect. Navi sucks. Keeps on saying I am approaching a traffic restrictive area even though it is not connected to a traffic service. Acceleration in c mode has a throttle lag. Have not seen that in manual mode so might just be the setting. Gas mileage is not good, I get about 320 miles in a 21 gallon tank. Voice control can be annoying, but Bluetooth connection with my cell phone works great. I like how it displays the caller id on the screen.

Overall it was a good purchase. We will see how it holds up over the next 100k.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
Originally Posted by bobsiller
Bought a 2008 e63 amg in feb and had a great first 1000 miles. Got a cpo with 20k and love the look, room and power. Engine sounds like a NASCAR. More comfortable ride than my 99 m3 (duh), and love the airmatic suspension. Even got free satellite radio for some reason. However, it is not perfect. Navi sucks. Keeps on saying I am approaching a traffic restrictive area even though it is not connected to a traffic service. Acceleration in c mode has a throttle lag. Have not seen that in manual mode so might just be the setting. Gas mileage is not good, I get about 320 miles in a 21 gallon tank. Voice control can be annoying, but Bluetooth connection with my cell phone works great. I like how it displays the caller id on the screen.

Overall it was a good purchase. We will see how it holds up over the next 100k.
congrats with the new ride . C mode is laggy , especially if you try and shift yourself . S mode works best for me for daily driving.

There was a Navi update for the 08's check to see if they did it .

MIleage i have seen @ 55mph is about 22-24 mpg on the highway , Daily stop and go around town driving 10-12mpg .

my Tahoe gets 12mpg stop and go and 15mpg on the highway so the benz isnt that bad .
Old 03-21-2011, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55, 300cd, e24, P71
I'm at about my first 1000 miles as well in my new to me '03 e55. The most amazing thing to me is that the car is so easy to drive and just putt around. It's very luxurious, sound system is great, and it's quiet. But dip into that throttle and all of that suddenly doesn't matter haha. The power is just nuts and having raced a newer nissan GTR with mods on the highway, I'm extremely impressed. Good luck with yours!

Oh and I've been seeing around 7-8 mpg in the city, it's just so tough to drive this car slow haha