Sponsored by:

2008 E63 722.9 NEW TRANSMISSION UPDATES

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
2008 E63 722.9 NEW TRANSMISSION UPDATES

So it has been around 700 miles with my 3rd transmission and after the minor shifting issues it feels like the Transmission is finally starting to adapt . The 2nd dealership "Silverstar " recommended driving the car in "C mode " for another 500 miles until the car fully adapts . I thought after a few hundred it would do it but i guess i was wrong .

Still getting a bog or a lag from time to time in WOT from 2nd to 3rd but i am almost certain it is due to the traction control kicking in since 1st and 2nd are pretty much useless .

I did do something yesterday that got me confused though ,

i started the car after it was sitting for the last week and after about 30 seconds i put it in neutral to see if the car rolled back and since it didnt i thru it in reverse cold and heard what sounded like a knock coming out of the transmission .

Maybe the newer thicker transmisison fluid takes longer to circulate thru the trans ?? IM a lil stumped . I didnt drive it yesterday but raped it today for a bit and all is well even though i heard the same noise again upon first start up today .

I think that neutral to Reverse might of done something, Lets see how it sounds for tomorrow mornings romp .

Any thoughts ?????