Sponsored by:

CPO Warranty question..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
////E55
CPO Warranty question..

When I purchased my CPO E55 from the dealer (including the extra 1 year CPO warranty -totaling 2 years/100k miles), the salesperson said that at any time during that period, I could opt to add time to the warranty through the dealer at an additional fee. I usually only keep cars for 2 years which is why I didn't add 2 or 3 years to the coverage.

When I was on the telephone today with MBUSA, the case manager said that was not a possibility. -He said that he would look into it, but that as far as he was aware, you couldn't extend the CPO warranty after taking delivery of the car.

Does anyone know about this? If that is the case, it is yet another flat out lie that the salesman created when I purchased the car.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C63
Originally Posted by jamcclureuk
When I purchased my CPO E55 from the dealer (including the extra 1 year CPO warranty -totaling 2 years/100k miles), the salesperson said that at any time during that period, I could opt to add time to the warranty through the dealer at an additional fee. I usually only keep cars for 2 years which is why I didn't add 2 or 3 years to the coverage.

When I was on the telephone today with MBUSA, the case manager said that was not a possibility. -He said that he would look into it, but that as far as he was aware, you couldn't extend the CPO warranty after taking delivery of the car.

Does anyone know about this? If that is the case, it is yet another flat out lie that the salesman created when I purchased the car.
That sounds right,
as I have tried that before and been told same.
Can't extend after you take delivery.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:41 PM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts
'06 E55
Surely you can add another year to your certification as i was going to do it myself but then decided against it.
JFI,don't even fool with CPO as their are few things they don't cover that other after market ones do..
1 year CPO would cost you easy $2500 where as you can get Fidelity 5/60 for little under $5000.
I was in a similar situation and had to decide whether to add or go with after market and went with Fidelity 5/60 for $4700