Sponsored by:

Girlfiend totaled her car last night [pic]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
The first few years of the E92 335i with the twin turbos are proving to be real maintenance nightmares and problematic (read expensive) as the miles add up during ownership. BMW are suffering from a high number of turbo failures that have been trying to fix with software! Which is why the new 335i is a single turbo, half the headache, half the problem and much simpler, they should have done this from the get-go.

Personally with the heat and the awful traffic in Houston combined with women who are probably not conscious (or care to) of cycling down a turbo after running the car, you are going to suffer turbo failures, sludging etc etc..I would not recommend a 335i....a 330i on the other hand would be the way to go.

I owned a IS-250 (until my ex-fiancée totaled it)and it was gutless..looked good..nice interior, terrible rear seats for passengers..

330i > C300 > IS-250

or possibly...330i = IS-350 = C350 (with AMG Sport Packge)

Yasin
Old 04-04-2011, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Before you put her hard earned cash down on a used car, go and drive one of these,
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/genesis-coupe/
Old 04-04-2011, 06:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 E63S 4Matic
Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Before you put her hard earned cash down on a used car, go and drive one of these,
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/genesis-coupe/
I like the sedan. A lot.

But she's too much of a label ***** to consider that as an option. [self admitted...so I am not insulting my loved one here] She cares more about form than function so I really just want her to make as smart a buy as her ego will allow. When it really comes down to it she's moving down here for me, so I'm going to let her do what she wants, granted that she has all the facts ahead of time.

To her it's going to be a blend of aesthetics and mark. I'll relay all of this on to her and see how she feels.

Thanks for everyone's input. I didn't know that the 335i's had any problems other than the HPFP and the oil coolers on the early ones [ours is a 2008 xi with <40k miles and came with the add-on oil cooler already].