Just did the Ebay Suspension overhaul now ESP CHECK light on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
Just did the Ebay Suspension overhaul now ESP CHECK light on

Hey guys,

Just had my mechanic change my front lower/upper control arms, ball joints, and thrust arm. Car feels much smoother over bumps, and tighter in the corners.

After driving about 15 miles my "ESP Visit Workshop" light is on. My alignment is a bit messed up, and the steering wheel is at about 10 o-clock (if 12 is normal), so its obviously not normal.
Going to get an alignment done tmrw, and hopefully that will solve the problem (after researching here on the forums).

Anything else you guys would look for or recommend? How sensitive are my speed sensors, etc? Where are they located? My mechanic was wrenching on the car pretty damn hard, and we kind of wrapped up the install in a little bit of a rush.

Appreciate any help. Thanks
Old 04-10-2011, 05:55 AM

e55
Wink

The Picture is Speed sensor and also do your alignment if you changing anything from under car parts , and also i will suggest for alignment ,make sure you take good Mercedes alignment place ,for Mercedes alignment they need to use special Mercedes tool bar for front wheels when they adjusting Front Toe .Second, for Camber Adjustments you can use aftermarket Bolts(<--special designed for our cars) it for lower control arm , if you do this you going to feel its brand new.Also check Your Sway Bar bushings .

DANGER:
  • Lethal injuries are possible if vehicle slips off of lifting platform
  • Align vehicle between the columns of the lifting platform and position the four support plates at the lifting platform support points specified by the vehicle manufacturer.
CAUTION:

• When carrying out service and repair operations on the front-end assembly, always take great care to prevent leaving scratches, notches or fissures in the aluminum components. Otherwise the service life of the parts will be affected
NOTE: Installation: Tighten nuts and bolts of chassis components only in curb condition.

1 Evacuate front air spring strut using STAR DIAGNOSIS
  • With Airmatic, code (489a)
2 Remove front wheel 3 Press follower joint (8) out of steering knuckle (5) CAUTION: Secure steering knuckle (5) to prevent it from swinging away. The brake hose and electrical feed cables must not be stretched.

Left upper transverse control arm

4 Remove left front suspension strut. 5 Remove fuse box 6 Remove upper control arm (6) from front end 7 Inspect follower joint (8).
  • Replace upper wishbone if necessary.
Right upper transverse control arm

8 Remove right front suspension strut 9.1 Remove air cleaner housing (9a).
  • Comfort automatic air conditioning CODE (581b)
9.2 Remove combination filter housing (9b).
  • Except comfort automatic air conditioning
10 Remove upper control arm (6) from front support 11 Inspect follower joint (8). 12 Install in the reverse order 13 Carry out chassis alignment check.
Attached Thumbnails Just did the Ebay Suspension overhaul now ESP CHECK light on-106066863.jpg  
Old 04-14-2011, 05:27 PM

W211 E55
Update: Alignment fixed the problem.

I am getting intermittent vibrations above 70mph from my wheels. Had the shop balance all 4, and I even bought and installed 2 new front tires. The vibration is still there. Should I have them Re balance the wheels again?

What could it be?