Sponsored by:

Bike Race in the highway against my E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 06:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo V90 CC
03E55AMG, great stories, keep up the good work, while I keep dreaming of suprcharging my car or gerring a new E55!
Old 05-21-2003, 06:43 PM

Porsche Twin Turbo, Supra Turbo, EVO Turbo
Thanks man..
Old 05-21-2003, 10:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 AMG
Talking from experience - it is very difficult to launch a bike properly to get those low quarter-mile times, especially on the street. Magazine testers are experts with no fear.

And roll ons tend to favor the car, because the bike will want to wheelie, among other things - unless you are very, very good.

I have done fun roll-on runs (from 20 or so) with a Lamborghini Countach and a Porsche Turbo, and I "won", but only because I let off at 60-70 - the cars were starting to creep up on me. Granted my '86 GSX is not as fast as todays top bikes, but it did mid tens and 130 in the quarter.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55, F550, S600 Ducati 999
03E55AMG
Let me take the opportunity to set a few facts straight.
I have both a race prepared Suzuki GSXR750 and a Ducati 999 in my garage right now. The Ducati EATS the Suzuki, standing start, rolling start and on the track. If you actually knew what you were talking about you would be aware that the Ducati 999 is currently leading the European Superstock championship in front of both GSXR1000 and R1. A GSXR 600 does the 1/4 in 10.7 with a trap speed of nearly 130mph. A bog stock current model 1000 does high 9's/low 10's with traps of 140+mph. Our E55's are not even in the same league as these bikes. I should know I OWN them both.
Please refrain from talking out of your *** when you clearly have absolutely no idea about the subject matter.

Most bike riders are wannabe hero's that have no ability to ride their bikes anywhere near their true capabilities, so don't mistake having a run with a gay lord as an indication of performance superiority.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:38 AM

Originally posted by stephens
03E55AMG
Let me take the opportunity to set a few facts straight.
I have both a race prepared Suzuki GSXR750 and a Ducati 999 in my garage right now. The Ducati EATS the Suzuki, standing start, rolling start and on the track. If you actually knew what you were talking about you would be aware that the Ducati 999 is currently leading the European Superstock championship in front of both GSXR1000 and R1. A GSXR 600 does the 1/4 in 10.7 with a trap speed of nearly 130mph. A bog stock current model 1000 does high 9's/low 10's with traps of 140+mph. Our E55's are not even in the same league as these bikes. I should know I OWN them both.
Please refrain from talking out of your *** when you clearly have absolutely no idea about the subject matter.

Most bike riders are wannabe hero's that have no ability to ride their bikes anywhere near their true capabilities, so don't mistake having a run with a gay lord as an indication of performance superiority.
Umm it's funny that I am and DO KNOW what Im talking about, I am VERY WELL KNOWN in the Supra community and if you have any doubts of what I say regarding racing bikes let me know so you can find out and look like an ***, not only I USED to race bikes all the time due that cars was not fun anymore or competition for my Supra but racing bikes was more interesting. That Ducati of yours Ill wax anyday. To start with. I am NOT a Bike GEEK, but I do know pretty much enough to know which one is which and how fast they go. If you are NOT BLIND and look at the start of the thread you will see that NO ONE said anything about racing any R1, Ducati, or else. I was sharing my experience racing some 600's. Or are you going to say that it was all made up? Because you own bikes and can't accept the fact that cars can beat bikes this days? I NEVER said that our E55's can beat bikes like R1's Hayabusas or nothing. 600cc bikes are different ballgame though.

When you race a bike from a roll you DONT NEED to be a rocket scientist to shift gears. Like I stated before, My Supra traps VERY VERY close to 150 traps...so do the math...even..let me make it easier for you to understand.

Lets say a R1 runs 140 traps in the 1/4, and there is a car with 140 traps that run from a roll that R1, who do you think its going to win??????? Let's see if you know common sense. Ill be here waiting for you 1st grade kids answer.

Last edited by 03E55AMG; 05-22-2003 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:41 AM

Seat Ibiza TDI Sport
erm sorry but... is it possible that it hardly depends on the driving skills ? i mean, give a newbie a Duc 999, or a R1 and a very skilled driver a Duc 748. Don't you mean that the more skilled driver could eat the "faster" bike ?

I mean when you are acclerating there are so many small important things ... like... when do you shift @ the next gear... at 10.000 rpm ? 12.000 ? 14.000 ?

thats skill and knowledgement about the engine/bike.

i hope you guys understand what i am trying to say....
Old 05-22-2003, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by Capi
erm sorry but... is it possible that it hardly depends on the driving skills ?
From a roll ( Of 60-70mph) it wont make hardly no difference, like you said...in acceleration from stop light to stop light...Yes driving skills take a lot in place.
Old 05-22-2003, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E55,2005 Ferrari F430 Spider, 2005 Corvette 427 TT, 2005 Range Rover
Having opened my E55 up out on the highway a couple times now, and having a lot of experience with bikes, (I currently own a modified Kawasaki ZX-12) I have to say that the E55 will probably overtake the 600s over 100 MPH or so. Rider does make a big difference. I have seen 2 different riders on the same bike run 10 MPH different in 9/10 mile racing. It is very easy to hit the rev limiter or miss a gear on a bike, even for a reasonably experienced rider. I don't think the point of this thread was to tout the E55 as a bike killer. The beauty of this car is that you have a smooth, solid four door that can, at the same time, keep up with some of the fastest stuff on the road.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:08 PM

Originally posted by Blocktrader
I don't think the point of this thread was to tout the E55 as a bike killer. The beauty of this car is that you have a smooth, solid four door that can, at the same time, keep up with some of the fastest stuff on the road.
Exactly ! !
Old 05-22-2003, 01:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by 03E55AMG
Exactly ! !
AMEN!!!
Old 05-22-2003, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03E55AMG
I don't care if your George Bush in real life. What has your noteriety in the Supra community got to do with your knowledge of bikes?
Let me refresh your memory;
You stated that
600's have trap speeds of 116mph and that the E55 would therefore be faster. - WRONG.
I originally stated, dont confuse a bike rider giving the throttle a squirt, with having a real race. - NOTHING MORE.
You then proceeded to spew forth total BS.
I love the new E55, but I certainly didn't buy it as a bike killer, because I know it has no chance. Any one with less than 10K in their pocket can buy a bike that will decimate our cars in an acceleration test.
If you still wish to live in LALA land and believe otherwise that is your own business, but do not quote incorrect figures to justify a statement that is factually impossible.
Oh, one last thing. Your supra on street tyres with 1000hp at the track, running a mid 10, a stock GSXR1000 running a 9.9. Which crosses the line first? Who is quicker? Take that to first grade and answer it.
Old 05-22-2003, 05:24 PM

All of the above
WOW! A LOT OF ENERGY HERE!

Don't let E55Jay see this thread. We are already planning a FJR1300 vs. E55 dragstrip shootout when his new 211-E55 comes in. I am sure we will be posting some pics and results.

Stephens,
Chill man. I drive a Benz and ride my 3 bikes and it's all good!
I didn't see any big "challenge" in 03E55s post, he just was reporting on running a few 600s. Personally I would love to find someone on the highway that would "play" with my FJR. I am almost always running solo around all of the moving chicanes on the road. I bet that 999 is sweet. Do you have a picture of it?

"Can't we all just get along"
.................................................R odney King
Old 05-22-2003, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
I have no comment other than there will be alot of documented testing to come with respect to "racing" and data in the near future.......
Old 05-22-2003, 07:05 PM

03E55AMG
I don't care if your George Bush in real life. What has your noteriety in the Supra community got to do with your knowledge of bikes?
You stated that
600's have trap speeds of 116mph and that the E55 would therefore be faster. - WRONG.
I originally stated, dont confuse a bike rider giving the throttle a squirt, with having a real race. - NOTHING MORE.
I love the new E55, but I certainly didn't buy it as a bike killer, because I know it has no chance. Any one with less than 10K in their pocket can buy a bike that will decimate our cars in an acceleration test.
If you still wish to live in LALA land and believe otherwise that is your own business, but do not quote incorrect figures to justify a statement that is factually impossible.
Oh, one last thing. Your supra on street tyres with 1000hp at the track, running a mid 10, a stock GSXR1000 running a 9.9. Which crosses the line first? Who is quicker? Take that to first grade and answer it.
I don't give a **** if you believe it or buy it the point is the truth he got beat as he admitted when we pulled over to a gas station, you are like i said before NEVER been SMOKED LIKE A BLUNT against a car, I wish you would live here in Otown I will teach you a nice lesson videotaped so everyone can see and so you could be the laugh of everyone in this forum. You are too STOCK UP with the stupid bikes that you think nothing in this world can beat. You are the one WRONG here, as a matter of fact you happen to be the ONLY IGNORANT that replied such a stupid arrogant comment, and starting all this predicament for nothing. Just because you can't believe it for the fact that you need a good beat down from a car.

Who said anything of a mid 10 sec car? really? What do you know about my Supra? I can CARE LESS who is quicker..as long I am faster I will stated again, BIKES ARE QUICK NOT FAST...you MIGHT just MIGHT be lucky enough to beat me in a 1/4 mile run...but in a race from a roll..I will give you the hit and I will pass you like the 8 Oclock AMTRAK train.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:09 PM

Re: WOW! A LOT OF ENERGY HERE!

Originally posted by CME4BENZ
I didn't see any big "challenge" in 03E55s post, he just was reporting on running a few 600s.
Exactly that was ALL.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes that s right, you just started by saying that you'd smoked a 600. I responded by saying don't get too carried away, implying that if it was a sports bike he probably wasn't really trying.

You responded with a tirade and by quoting figures and stats that were incorrect and/or irrelevant

The fastest Supra Turbo on street radials in the world is only as fast as a STOCK Superbike down the quarter.

I am in the fortunate position to talk from real experience from both perspectives.

I am not bike crazy, I enjoy it as a recreational sport and hardly ride on the road at all.

I will borrow a Video cam (if convenient) and test your theories in the real world.
A W211 E55 against a Suzuki GSXR750 and a Ducati 999, from 60mph plus, if the car can keep up I will humbly apologise.

Last edited by stephens; 05-23-2003 at 03:18 AM.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:23 AM

Yes that s right, you just started by saying that you'd smoked a 600. I responded by saying don't get too carried away, implying that if it was a sports bike he probably wasn't really trying.

You responded with a tirade and by quoting figures and stats that were incorrect and/or irrelevant

The fastest Supra Turbo on street radials in the world is only as fast as a STOCK Superbike down the quarter.

I am in the fortunate position to talk from real experience from both perspectives.

I am not bike crazy, I enjoy it as a recreational sport and hardly ride on the road at all.

I will borrow a Video cam (if convenient) and test your theories in the real world.
A W211 E55 against a Suzuki GSXR750 and a Ducati 999, from 60mph plus, if the car can keep up I will humbly apologise.
See talking again up your ***, for your info the FASTEST Street radial Supra in the world happens to be here in Orlando, runs 9.0@160 now like that time and speed? Better do more research before talking. Because you CANT believe it and still showing in all your replies that you still cant believe it doesnt mean that the guy wasnt trying...he was and he admit to it when we pulled over. Wanna be ignorant or not we raced and I WON. END OF STORY.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:26 AM

When did I say anything about the E55 beating a GSXR750 or Ducati 999? Please elaborate....Go back and start reading the thread again.
Old 05-24-2003, 05:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Guys
A 600cc sport bike is much harder to get off the line than a car and still manages LOW 11sec 1/4mile times. A 750 runs in the low 10's these days.
Don't confuse a bike rider giving the gas a squirt, with a real race because you are kidding yourselves.

There is NO ONE on this board whose car could even come close to my Ducati 999 and the only mod I have is the race exhaust system. (The 10sec Supra could keep up, but that's about all).

Sorry, but I thought a reality check was in order here.
You stated that
03E55AMG - Who needs to read the thread - not I.
Stop trying to pass off ill conceived beliefs as facts and we'll get on just fine.

To all - I am chilled, just don't care for untruths. I am not saying 03E55AMG didn't beat a 600 motorbike, there are plenty of bikes that our cars would beat, just not current 600cc plus sportsbikes being opened up.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:16 AM
Ian

Hey 03E55AMG,
Some info for you:

Go buy Motor Cyclist, look at the rear for 'hard numbers'

Yamaha R6 11:01 @125 mph
Kawa zx6 10:87 @128 mpg
Suzuki gsxr 600 11:08 @ 123 mph
Honda cbr600rr 10.94 @ 127 mph

Bike's are both fast and quick

STOCK gsxr1000 9.89 @145 mph

STOCK busa's 9.8x @ 146 mph (Cycle world)

Top speed 194 mph (busa)

'Stock Radialed tires' does this mean NO slicks????

If yes, total bs

Stock Supra v's stock bike u loose

Modified Supra (1000hp) v's Velocity Racing Turbo busa (Miami)
both modified

I will arrange the race and show you how slow a bike can be!

Try 7 second quarters

Lets say $5k.

I'm in Tampa, FL so name the day and time
Old 05-24-2003, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
OK guys

Enough already. Who the hell cares about beating bikes anyway. How about M5's, 911's, Vettes, Vipers, Mustang Cobras, Ferraris, etc. Let's hear some more of those stories please.
Old 05-24-2003, 05:14 PM

Porsche Turbo Stage 4, Cayenne S ... gone C43, C32, ML55 & Ducati 999.

There is NO ONE on this board whose car could even come close to my Ducati 999 and the only mod I have is the race exhaust system. (The 10sec Supra could keep up, but that's about all).

Sorry, but I thought a reality check was in order here.
OOOOOOOOOh Yeah!.............................................ME :v
Old 05-24-2003, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Pierre32///AMG
A worthy challenger at last!! I hope you're enjoying the bike as much as I do. It's nice to see a few other riders on the board.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:33 PM

there are plenty of bikes that our cars would beat, just not current 600cc plus sportsbikes being opened up.
See, still with the ignorant negative not believe of what I did, live in your own world. Now if you ever come down to Otown throw me a line so you can see how its not a mistery cars beating bikes here.

Now, if you don't think the Supra ran 9.0@160 on radials then visit this site and live it yourself www.titanmotorsports.com then we'll go from there, they have the video of that run with the radials...
Old 05-24-2003, 10:35 PM

Originally posted by Ian
Hey 03E55AMG,
Some info for you:

Go buy Motor Cyclist, look at the rear for 'hard numbers'

Yamaha R6 11:01 @125 mph
Kawa zx6 10:87 @128 mpg
Suzuki gsxr 600 11:08 @ 123 mph
Honda cbr600rr 10.94 @ 127 mph

Bike's are both fast and quick

STOCK gsxr1000 9.89 @145 mph

STOCK busa's 9.8x @ 146 mph (Cycle world)

Top speed 194 mph (busa)

'Stock Radialed tires' does this mean NO slicks????

If yes, total bs

Stock Supra v's stock bike u loose

Modified Supra (1000hp) v's Velocity Racing Turbo busa (Miami)
both modified

I will arrange the race and show you how slow a bike can be!

Try 7 second quarters

Lets say $5k.

I'm in Tampa, FL so name the day and time
Who are you? and what is your point in this thread? is that bike yours? who is asking you to set up races?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bike Race in the highway against my E55