W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Electricial help? Does this seam correct??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55, 2007 ML63, 2008 SLK, 2015 GLK350, BMW Z3, Dodge Power Wagon, Electric Smart car

Previous owner had dealer install radar detector to the headlamp leveling circuit. Months later the dash display said self leveling inop go to workshop. Dealer said fuse was blown (radar was still working) caused by radar detector, rewired radar to different circuit, replaced fuse reset lights and all working. Later after warranty expired, dash display again said self leveling inop go to workshop. dealer said car needs sam unit located under front seat, replaced sam unit and lights working again ($600) dealer said this was un related to previous repair/radar detector. a week late I installed 80mm TB, I forgot to hook a vacuum line and check engine light on. When I reset the check engine light I noticed codes for the self leveling lights "current & stored (Lights are working perfectly). Took car to dealer to check on light codes & was told that front sam unit is bad an not telling the car lights are working. Dealer had to order front sam and planed to repair when in. Car was put back together and is now Stuck in limp home mode and wont reset. Dealer diagnosed ESP problem and said the ESP/BAS sam unit is now bad and need to be replaced $1000.00. They think it is unrelated to their work. Car drove perfectly for 2 weeks after TB install and was working when car was dropped off. Dash display now sais ESP inop visit work shop and BAS inop visit workshop. Some one told me they thought the ESP/BAS sam had to be moved to test front sam (not sure). The question is is this a coincidence/bad luck or cause by the inspection of light codes/ front sam? Could the new throttle body have caused this?