Sponsored by:

Need Help Urgently - e55 headlight issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Need Help Urgently - e55 headlight issue

I have searched and searched this forum and the internet for an answer to my problem and found nothing that works.

My drivers side headlight went out about a month ago, tried new bulb and ballast and everything, nothing would work, so I ordered the replica facelift headlights, installed them, and the drivers side headlamp wouldn't turn on, and also the indicator wouldn't work.

So then i ordered a complete new OEM headlight assembly, and that seemed to fix the problem... for about 2 weeks. Then I went to turn the car on a couple nights ago and boom "low beam, left" appears and drivers side headlight isn't working again! So today I took it up to the stealership and they had it for about 2 hours and told me the bulb must have gone as nothing was showing up on STAR (that is if they even checked for ****ing anything). They try to charge me $300 for a new bulb, I tell them that better include a handjob and that I have replacement bulbs back up at my shop anyways.

So I replace the headlight bulb (it looks absolutely fine) and it still doesn't work. I even swap over the ignitors on the back of the bulbs, switch the bulbs around, and still nothing on the drivers side and passenger side works absolutely fine!

I have been reading that this could be a SAM issue, but I have scoured the internet and this forum and cannot find where these SAMs are located?? Could this be the issue? Is there a way to test the SAM etc?

I really badly need help as this is my daily and currently I am unable to drive at night! Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much!!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
I recall the SAM units being located under drivers seat....correct me if I am wrong?!?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
you need to connect the car to STAR and see where the fault is.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:14 PM

Viper SRT-10, 68 Camaro
Originally Posted by Rhaunschild1980
I recall the SAM units being located under drivers seat....correct me if I am wrong?!?
Thanks, I'll have a look under there to see if anything is messed up.

Originally Posted by shardul
you need to connect the car to STAR and see where the fault is.
The tech came out and told me that they hooked it up to STAR and it showed no faults or anything! I know they definitely hooked it up because they cleared my red battery screen from showing up.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:03 AM

2004 E55 AMG
NO power to driver side low beam

I am having the same Issue what did you do to fix this? The Ballast and bulb are fine seems like the driver side isn't getting power.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
It sounds like a wiring harness problem.